Bionic Birthday Bash

"Guys I have a bad feeling. Let's get out of here." Bree said as Chase and I went back to back, connecting our force fields together to make a field wave, knocking down the rebels that went after us.

Oh, did I forget to mention we found out how to do that while we shared a capsule? No? Well we discovered that. Was not fun. Knocked ourselves unconscious for a whole day.

The rebel leader ran at Adam, who quickly grabbed him and threw him across the abandoned lot. The simulation glitched out, and I was surrounded in darkness.

I dropped my head in disappointment, removing the headpiece and turning to Mr. Davenport.

"Adam, that was the Rebel Leader. The whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him." Davenport scorned as Adam chuckled.

"I did, and his answer was, "Aaaaah!" Adam joked as I held back a chuckle, Davenport frowning in disappointment. We stepped off the platform, walking over to Mr. Davenport.

"Hey, next time could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyed rebel?" Bree suggested as everyone gave her a weird look. "What? I'm just saying it wouldn't kill ya to put a lil somethin'-somethin' in for the ladies." She complained as I rolled my eyes.

Leo scoffed, grabbing my goggles out of my hands and putting them on his head. "Step aside, amateurs.  Go ahead, Big D. Set it to awesome!" He grinned, posing like a hero as Mr. Davenport rolled his eyes, getting on the platform and yanking the goggles off of Leo's small head.

"Leo, these goggles are not a toy." Davenport said as Leo frowned.

"Come on! My birthday's coming up—Globally known as "Dia De Leo." He said as I sighed and shook my head.

"No. It's not." I said as he glared at me. I glared back,  electricity flashing through my eyes. Leo's widened, quickly turning away.

"No. I designed the mission simulator to fine-tune their bionics, not to go on 3-D joyrides. Besides, you're not trained for it." Davenport continued as Leo frowned.

"Well, how about as a birthday gift you give me a bionic ability?" Leo smiled as I snorted a laugh.

"Or I could gift-wrap reality and you could play with that for a while." Davenport said as he held out his hands to Leo. He frowned as Davenport walked out of the lab.

"So Leo's having a birthday. What are you, like, nine?" Chase joked as Leo narrowed his eyes at Jim's

"I'm fourteen!" Leo snapped as Chase chuckled before deadpanning.

"No seriously." He said as I sighed, wrapping an arm over Leo.

"He's turning fifteen. Now he'll finally be the same age as most of us instead of an infant." I joked, pinching his cheek as he smacked my hand.

"Don't baby me." He spat as I chuckled, walking back over next to Chase.

"So how are you gonna celebrate?" Bree asked as I giggled with excitement.

"We're all going to celebrate. Every year my mom throws me a big surprise party." Leo grinned as I nodded.

"Last year, Tasha baked a cake the size of Leo." I said as the birthday boy nodded with a smirk.

"I'm not gonna brag... but I was delicious." He said as I nodded in agreement, a few moments later Tasha walked down as Davenport walked in from where he left.