Half-Good, Half-Bad Half-Boy

The urge to slam my head into the locker was unbearable as I waited for Chase to join me by the cafeteria doors. It's only been three classes, but I was bored and needed to talk to Chase about Yasmin yakking after watching a pig give birth.

I turned my head to see an unfamiliar face looking around in confusion. The boy was cute, oddly resembled Chase's thin frame and darkish-light hair. He had a guitar strapped to his back that caught my attention, as I used to play the guitar as a kid. I walked over to him as his eyes found mine.

"I want to assume by the look of confusion that you're new." I said with a kind smile as he pressed his lips together and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm- I'm Marcus." He stuttered as I shook his hand.

"Vanessa. Welcome to Mission Creek." I greeted as he became slightly less tense. "Just warning you, stay away from the much taller people. They tend to be more aggressive. Well- except for Adam. He's an airhead." I chuckled as he raised his brow... really high.

"Well I think I should find my class first. Could you help me?" He asked as I nodded, looking at his schedule as I smiled.

"Looks like we share a few classes. Mr. Olsen's class is upstairs to the left." I directed as Chase and Adam appeared.

"Hey Dottie, whose this?" Chase asked as I patted my thighs.

"This is Marcus. Marcus this is Adam. And this is Chase my bo- friends." I cut myself off with a forced smile. "Marcus just got here from— where did you say you were from?" I asked, knowing he hadn't said. A look of panic crossed his face before he chuckled nervously.

"I- uh... Wyoming?" He said, though he didn't sound so sure himself as Adam gasped with a chuckle.

"No way! I thought that place was a myth!" He laughed as Marcus, Chase and I all turned to give him a dumbfounded look. "What? You never hear anything happen in Wyoming!"

"Anyways..." I said, going to change the subject and gestures to Marcus' guitar. "Couldn't help but notice the guitar. How good do you play?" I asked as he smiled.

"I'm still learning, but I could show you guys if you don't mind?" He insisted as we all nodded. Marcus smiled and set up the guitar, his hands on the strings before he started playing a really nice tune.

"Oh, sweet! Look at your fingers go! It's like each one has a little brain of its own." Adam gawked as Marcus stopped to raise a brow.

"Impressive, Marcus." I said as he smiled again.

"Thanks. You know, you guys are the only people who have talked to me at this school. I hate being the new kid." Marcus complained as Chase scoffed in understanding.

"Yeah, we used to be the new kids that no one talked to. Now we're just the vaguely familiar kids that no one talks to." He said as I chuckled, patting Chase's shoulder as Leo walked up to us.

"Hey peeps. What's the deal-io?" He asked as Marcus smiled and went to shake Leo's hand.

"Hi! I'm Marcus." He greeted, Leo frowning.

"I know. We have gym together. And study hall. And also chemistry. We're lab partners." Leo said as Marcus turned to us and shrugged.

"Oh. I... did not know that. Vanessa, you ever play guitar?" Marcus asked as I nodded.

"As a kid. Haven't played since the LEMP accident." I muttered the second sentence as Marcus handed me the guitar.

"Well, I'm a jammer as well. My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling." Leo bragged as Chase frowned.