Fakery

That brief moment of the passing car right before him has been playing hundreds of times inside his head ever since he got off the car . He's still not quite sure if Mr. Kang really did see Yoongi; if it really was Yoongi.

Man, I've been working with you guys for half a decade now. How can I not recognize Yoongi? He recalled his manager's words.

He massaged his temples as he tried to squeeze out as many details from his memory as he could. Maybe it's not that he's trying to remember to confirm; he's trying to remember, to debunk the possibility.

He realized he was being in-denial, considering the fact that the car looked just like one of their service cars and with his manager's words, he concluded..That really was Yoongi Hyung.

However, he's still unable to process the thought that Yoongi also knew Louisa. They're obviously not the type who goes around meeting new people. He has known Yoongi the longest and he never mentioned someone like Louisa.

He was brought back to the present when he heard Jimin's voice bickering with someone and Hobi laughing in the background. A few moments later, the door opened and the members flocked inside their meeting room.

"Oh? Hyung? You're here early." Jimin asked him as soon as they saw him sitting on one of the chairs.

"Change of plans." He just swiftly blurted out, knowing that his disappointment with today's failure might show if he tried to explain more. "Why are you guys already here?"

They still have an hour before the meeting and he thought he will have an ample amount of alone time. But here they are, as loud as they can be.

"We're hungry." answered Jungkook as he slumped his body on one of the couches in the corner.

"Aiish..we just ate at home." Jin protested. He settled himself right at the end of the long table as if he's the one who'll be conducting the meeting.

"I bet you'll eat the most out of all of us." Jhope teased and they all chuckled.

"The food will be here any minute." Tae announced. "We didn't know you'll be here, Namjoon Hyung-"

"That's okay. I'm not hungry." he answered as he stared back at the same book he's been holding, opened on the same page for a while now.

"Where's Yoongi Hyung?" asked Jimin as he quickly scanned the room. "He's not answering since morning."

His mind involuntarily created scenarios that made him clench his jaw.

Why am I getting so worked up on this? I've only met her once, there's no way-

His thoughts were cut off with a knock on the door. His attention perked up anticipating Yoongi's presence. However, staff from the cafeteria came in holding trays of food.

"Ya! I thought you ordered fast food? I'm craving buffalo wings!" Jin nagged the younger ones who were the ones who ordered food in the first place. "We should've just eaten at the cafeteria-"

"Aigooo...look who's getting worked up?" Jungkook interjected. "You said you just ate! Why are you complaining about our food?"

The bickering began once again and it was too much for him, although this is a typical daily scenario for almost a decade now. He stood up.

"I'll just get some air." He forced a smile before leaving the members obviously suspicious of his behavior. He just usually puts up with their loudness and them being rowdy all the time.

It's confusing why this bothers him so much as well, but he decided that he just needed a little bit more time alone with his own thoughts.

He made his way to the nearby terrace, his favorite reading spot. The open space and indoor plants create the feels of being in a park. Being that they were on the 10th floor, the breeze is fresh and the view is worth-gazing for hours.

He walked past the couches and leaned on the railings, absent-mindedly shifting his eyes through the passing cars below

His eyebrows furrowed as he went back to the question he had in mind for himself. I've only met her once, but why am I getting so riled up about the thought of her being with Yoongi?

Do I like her? Realization hit as he recalled the way he was so willing to run after her in public; the way his heart fluttered when she smiled at him with those sad beautiful eyes; the way her hand felt gripping his own, firmly; the way he was so desperate in keeping her from quitting; and the way her stunning mind and talent already caught his heart even before meeting her.

Ofcourse, I do.

He ran his fingers through his hair and balled them into a fist grabbing locks of it. This can't be, I just...I just need a diversion. I can't be distracted right now.

He freed his hair and put them back in place. He let out a long sigh, composed himself and turned himself around to go back to the meeting room.

That's when he saw Yoongi from a distance, leaning on a wall holding his phone against his ear. He can hear him chuckling occasionally as he stridden nearer to his spot.

Is it Lou on the other line? But, they were just together.

He had no intention to eavesdrop but he couldn't help it. It was a narrow hall after all, Yoongi's voice was echoing through the walls.

"I know, sorry I was out of reach since morning. It's just that our schedule is so crazy these days. You know how it is. I will definitely make it up to you....Hey, I have a meeting in a few....I gotta go, babe. "

He felt the sides of his head heat up, his hands involuntarily shook and all he could do was ball them into fists to stop the shaking.

That's when Yoongi noticed him and he tried his best to pull himself together.

"Joon?" Yoongi seemed to appear startled in the presence of their leader.

"You're getting sloppier, Hyung. You know if one of our managers happened to overhear you-"

"Ara, ara, Joonie." Yoongi grinned at him and tapped his back, gesturing for him to walk with him to the meeting room. "It's fine, you're the only one who heard me, afterall."

He clenched his jaw and kept his composure as hard as he could.

"Who was that anyway?"

"Aish, you don't have to know." Yoongi slyly avoided the question, but his stern silence changed his mind somehow. "You know....just one of them girls."

He almost slipped out of his cool and he ended up biting his lower lip to keep his calm.

"You mean, those kpop idols you date secretly?" He teasingly smirked at him to gain his trust. He playfully punched his arm and asked "Who is it this time, Hyung? Tell me."

"You swear you won't tell anyone, alright?"

"You still don't trust me? Aigoo, I'm hurt, Hyung!" He teased even more. "I didn't even say a word back when you used to date Ji-"

"Aigoo aigoo! Let's not bring up the dead past, okay?"

He snickered, genuinely amused.

"So who was it? I swear I won't tell."

"It was..." Yoongi hesitated for a bit, stared at Namjoon's eyes as they stopped right in front of the meeting room's door. He goofily beamed at Joon, knowing there's no other person in the world he could trust even more than this guy. "....Soyeon."