Dauntless

Lou's words took him aback. She wasn't talking to him all this time, she thought he was somebody else.

"Didn't you hear me?" The fear in her stare struck his chest. "Who are you? I swear Nico was here! Get out-"

"You need to listen to me. It's me." He cut her words, knowing she's about to kick him out and he's not letting that happen.

He didn't know if his words were enough to prevent her from panicking. He remembered her horrified face earlier and he didn't want that to resurface. Before she could say another word, Namjoon took his mask off hoping that his familiarity would pacify her.

Louisa's fogged logic began to clear out as soon as he saw his face. She blinked slowly trying to register his presence in front of her.

"Na-Namjoon?" As her calmness spread all over, more and more questions came in. "Why are you here?"

He felt relieved that his assumption was right. She was indeed mollified by recognizing him. This would be one of the rare moments when he wished so hard for someone to recognize him, it's always the opposite, more than usual.

"I wish I knew how to answer that, Lou." He saw how she relaxed, he also eased up in his seat and lowered his eyes down to her hands he wanted to hold again. "I'm just glad that I am."

Louisa's furrowed eyebrows demanded explanation. Namjoon relayed the events to her that happened that day. Telling her that he was back in her studio to pick up the art pieces he said he's buying. It wouldn't make sense if he told her how he got there.

Lou recalled these happenings in a blur, she can't even properly remember the things that happened for the past several days. The only solid memory she recently had was the moments she had with Yoongi, moments she felt so far away now.

"So it wasn't Nico? It was..you?" Things still didn't make sense. Even how blurry her recollection was, she wouldn't mistake Nico's voice with somebody else's. She set the thought aside, knowing that things weren't exactly in its logical order and sense.

"I don't know how to explain it but one thing is for sure, you're not safe to be left alone." Namjoon said firmly.

"If I think about it now..all these horrible things started happening and kept happening whenever I was alone." Another realization clicked in her mind. "All of which disappeared when...when you're around."

Namjoon felt a pleasant thud in his chest when Lou spoke her realizations out loud. He might not have a decent analysis on what's happening to Lou and if he's really causing her nightmares to go away, but he's glad that this was where it boiled down. He saved her, no matter how mysterious it happened and how idealess he was.

"Is...someone coming after you?" Namjoon finally was able to ask. "A stalker maybe?"

She looked at him with utter confusion to his question. That's when she realized that no one knew about her nightmares and the haunting she was experiencing. She doubted that he would understand and believe her, but as he stared at her with complete sincerity, she thought it's worth a shot.

"I think...I'm being haunted." It sounded more logical in her mind than when she actually said it. She waited for him to laugh, but he didn't.

Namjoon thought through her response. The things that he experienced today wouldn't make sense if it wasn't something supernatural. Even though he skipped the part when his voice changed into someone else's, he's sure as hell it's not something proper logic could explain. Even his assumption of being drugged wouldn't back his story up.

"So, you're being haunted...and it...it goes away whenever I'm...near you." He struggled to express his summary of things. "I don't exactly know how to make sense out of any of that but...I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."