Redemption

"You need to have her work with the team..TODAY." Mr. Cha sternly stated. "It's been a week since I saw her. We need her back to the surface."

"I understand that." Ms. Lee apologetically replied. "But it was Yuna's instruction to not bother Louisa for now."

All eyes fell on Yuna who was busy with her laptop. She paused from typing but did not bother looking up.

"I already hired people to fill in our missing posts. Why do you feel the need to force Louisa to work outside her comfort zone? Her mood will affect the whole team, let her be. She knows what she's doing." She resumed her typing as soon as she was done speaking.

The meeting fell quiet for a moment until Mr. Choi cleared his throat, gathering everyone's attention.

"It's been more than a month, Yuna. We already gave her the time to grieve." Mr. Choi spoke with authority. "We need her to work with the whole team. You have to talk to her today."

"We don't have a choice, Yuna. We will be transporting the pieces to BigHit today." reported Mr. Ma, the logistics supervisor.

"Our artists will carry on with their work there. Louisa will have to join them." Mr. Cha said matter-of-factly.

Yuna sighed. She knows they're all in the right. This was the limit of the help she could give to Lou. She looked up and met the eyes of the department heads who were awaiting her response.

"All right. I will talk to her."

___________________________________________

Louisa's shaking hand picked up her round chisel while she struggled lifting the hammer on her other hand. Her heavy eyes could barely see the chunk of hardened clay in front of her.

I can't do this anymore. She thought as she gave up and laid down the tools back on her work table. I'm so tired.

Looking around, her work room was now filled with pieces she could hardly call "art". Many of the pieces were products of her sleepless days. Her brain was only caffeine-fueled and was mostly working on autopilot.

She couldn't tell which time or day it was anymore. Her routine was to go home to clean up, change clothes and go back to her work room, unaware of the number of days she's locked up in the studio. All these to escape the nightmares.

The difference between the state of being asleep and awake has been hazy to Louisa. Most of the time, she's half of both, while feeling like something was eating her life away. She didn't know who to ask for help from, who wouldn't think she's going batshit crazy. Should have been Mina and Nico, but they're nowhere near.

She closed her eyes and immediately saw her own reflection still wearing the same night gown in her dream. The song echoed in her ears again and again, a horrifying sound that she can't shut off even how much she covered her ears.

She whimpered in defeat as she wrapped her arms around her knees close to her chest and buried her face in it, slowly rocking her body back and forth.

Am..I going insane? What is happening to me? It was just a dream but why is it still haunting me?

The song in her ears slowly faded, replaced by a slow hissing sound. She lifted her head as the dreadful images dissolved away. The hissing sound went louder and she then figured out where the sound was coming from.

Her Magnificence; the sculpture that was sitting across the edge of her work room.

Her knees wobbled as she stood up. She slowly walked up to the art piece she could barely see through the poorly lit room. Her hands involuntarily balled into fists trying to figure out what's going on. The beating of her heart and the hissing sound were all that she could hear.