Dominion

"I'll be back in the morning." Yuna promised before briefly glancing at her watch.

Namjoon smiled and nodded at her. He noticed her hesitation of leaving Louisa alone with him. It's already been an hour since he told her she could already go home.

He's just not that sure if it's because she doesn't trust him enough or that she feels that he's not the kind of person to be a patient's watcher.

"If only there's anyone I could ask to watch over her-" He chuckled, halting whatever she was going to say. She already said it a couple of times. Louisa doesn't have any family here.

"It's fine, really." He knows it's bizarre, someone like him doing her a favor like this. But truth be told, he's more than happy to be here right now. "I just...need this to be just between us."

"Oh of course, of course." Yuna has already gotten the grip of the situation but it's still surreal to her to have Kim Namjoon watch over one of her subordinates. "Okay, I better go."

Yes, you better.

He pulled his mask over his mouth and walked with her to the door. He glanced outside as he opened it for her and saw that the hustle and bustle had eased down. Lesser people were getting by as the night deepened.

"I instructed them to make sure they knock before they enter." She reassured him, understanding his concern.

"Thank you." He smiled beneath his mask.

Yuna waved and he returned it with a brief one before closing the door behind him.

He pulled the cushioned stool next to the bed. His eyes fixed on Louisa's peaceful face as he sat down on the stool. This was only the second time he met her and both times, she's in great despair.

And on both occasions, he wasn't the one who could truly give her comfort and healing. It's always somebody else. First was Mina, and now, she's looking for someone named..Nico.

Who is he? He even called me Nico a while ago. 

He clenched his jaw, trying to draw out the thought from his mind. It's none of his business and most especially, he has no right to get jealous.

His gaze moved back to Lou's face. Her soft features looked so tranquil and...irresistibly bewitching.

How can someone so innocent and beautiful endure suffering like this? Why does it have to be you?

As if to respond to his thoughts, her finger twitched. He doesn't know why and how but he interpreted it as her asking to be held. It did not take long for him to fight the urge to cusp her small palm in between his both hands.

"I'm here. You're not alone anymore." He was a bit taken aback when he realized he said that out loud. His eyes traveled back to her face and saw that a streak of tear drop fell on the side of her eye.

His heart felt like it's crushing as he reached out and wiped the tear away with his finger.

"I'm going to protect you, Lou. I promise you that." It should be peculiar to feel so protective of someone he barely knew, but what he felt was so innate and real that he disregarded the intensity of it.

He didn't even bother to make sense of this mysterious sensation but it took him back to the events that morning that started everything. 

_________________________

"What's taking so long, Hyung? I'm hungry." JK mumbled at the backseat.

Both Namjoon and Jimin looked up from their phones and peered through the heavily tinted windshield. There's a parade of container vans making their way to the underground parking lot entrance where they're supposed to enter as well.