Dedication

"I...I don't think I understand." Louisa paused, feeling a flood of uneasiness take over her body from Namjoon's intent stare. "Did you find anything interesting?" She muttered innocently waving her hands around.

Namjoon continued to stare at her, unable to process her question right away.

"Sir...?"

He snapped out of his gaze and tried to compose himself. "Ah. Yes. Yes...I...I found a lot of interesting pieces in here." He stammered as he pretended to check out the whole place. He then fixed his eyes back to Lou. But there's the most interesting part of this room. He smiled inside to hide his amusement.

"Oh. About that, I really don't own any of this. It's company property." Lou sadly explained. "You will have to speak with our sales department for purchases of individual pieces."

"Right. I'll have my manager do that." He managed to let out a lame excuse.

"Okay. Uhm." Louisa felt the awkward atmosphere again as silence ensued between them. "It was really a great honor to meet you in person, Sir. You don't know how much of your lyrics and music influenced my life. I don't know if I will ever get this chance ever again---"

"You're talking like this will be our last meeting." He paused trying to analyze her words. "Your company will be working for us, correct?"

"Pardon---?" Shit. Right. The project.

"You're one of the artists who's going with us for our tour, no?" RM asked, confused with Lou's statement.

"I was appointed. Yes." Lou hesitated to continue. Am I really turning down a BTS project, right in the face of their leader?

"Is this about your friend?" RM's quick wit now managed to put the puzzle together.

Louisa looked up. Tears are starting to well up in her eyes remembering Mina again. RM attempted to walk up towards her sensing the sadness that's filling up the room. He stopped himself, he instead shifted his seat and sat back down facing her.

"She was....she was also a big fan of yours." Lou lowered her head as if it could stop herself from sobbing.

Namjoon was now slowly seeing the whole puzzle. The deceased artist must be her very close friend.

"So, you're quitting your job." He was so sure this was the bottom-line. "Why?"

Lou stared at him, amused on how he was able to understand everything with just a few nonsensical words from her. He's RM after all. Her chest felt even heavier. This would have blown Mina's mind. She could just imagine her face filled with bliss and reverence.

"...I can't do it without her." Louisa clasped her hands together, streams of tears now falling from her eyes. She didn't care how awful she might have looked; she just couldn't suppress the heavy grief in her chest any longer. "I was gonna quit anyway, but this project came along. We were both so excited to be working with our idols. But now, she's gone. I just...can't live the dream...alone."

Namjoon's comforting stare must be the cause of her outburst. Letting her heart spill out all her pent-up emotions.

"I don't think I'm in the position to say something on her behalf but...do you think she'd want you to quit because of her?"

Memories of Mina flooded Lou's mind. Her excitement, her squeals, her dance...Would you want me to quit, Min?

"I don't know for sure." 

"One thing I know for sure; our company NEEDS YOU on our team." He then stood up and paused to think.

Why am I being so desperate right now? He tried restraining himself. Okay. Let's just consider this as an investment.

He walked towards her. Lou stood up wiping her tears away. To her surprise, RM held out his hand.

"I'm Namjoon. As a co-owner of BigHit Ent., I'm asking you to please consider our offer. It would be a great honor to work with an exceptional artist like you."

Lou stared at his extended hand. She didn't know how to respond. What should I do, Min?

"We'll do our bestest, right? Let's make each other proud! I love you both!" Mina's words echoed through her head. She smiled at the memory. Mina would definitely want her to do this job. For herself and for her best friend. I will, Mina. I will make YOU proud.

She held his hand in return. As they gripped each other's hand firmly, he felt comforted and relieved with her warm hand while she was consoled with his reassuring touch.

"I'm Louisa, an artist. It's an honor to receive such an offer." She gently squeezed his hand. "I look forward to working with you."