Reacquaintance

As soon as she walked in the production room, all eyes fell on her and the room hushed. She couldn't blame them. Afterall, it felt like forever since she'd seen their faces. She's unsure whether the "act'' that she put up was justified due to her loss or was it too much for her to fracture her commitment to the project.

"Hello Louisa." Ms. Lee, their department head, was already greeting her as she approached. "Hi, Yuna."

Louisa feels like she's attending school again after being suspended for causing trouble. And Yuna was her parent who's by her side to accompany her back to school. The shame of showing her face again to everybody was what's keeping her head hanging low, avoiding everyone's gaze.

"Did you receive my message?" Yuna was surely avoiding an awkward conversation in person and must have explained everything via text. She really was trying so hard to protect Louisa.

"You're so weak, everyone around you feels the need to protect you." Louisa castigated herself. "Grow up, little girl."  She mentally rolled her eyes.

"I surely did." Ms. Lee sounded less enthusiastic than she intended to. She eyeballed Louisa, like a mediocre artwork, from head to toe; her thinner physique and the dark circles under her eyes didn't escape her. "I hope we won't have any...hunches from here on."

Lou heard Yuna sighed in annoyance. She was all against Louisa already being back to work. Lou's text about her voluntary discharge from the hospital surely wasn't something she expected to wake up to.

Everyone else in the room pretended to go back to work as they felt the looming tension. Louisa squirmed, mortified.

"Well, I was hoping for Louisa to get more rest but you guys really see this as the priority right now." Yuna was getting feisty, clearly on defense mode for her. "If we ain't the most considerate-" Her hand lightly squeezed Yuna's arm, cutting her off mid-sentence.

"Unni-Miss Yuna, it's okay. This is what I want. It's time for me to get back to work...like REALLY work." Despite her low spirits, she tried to sound positive. Her eyes were pleading for Yuna to just let it go.

If it wasn't for Namjoon, she would still be somewhere else, suffering. She owed him this much. She can't let him sacrifice even more than he already had. The image of Namjoon sleeping uncomfortably on her couch made her grimace.

"That's good to hear, Louisa. It may be hard to admit but we lost our third arm without you around. You will get the work up and running again now that you're here." No matter how much they must have hated her for abandoning them after Mina and Nico, they cannot deny the fact that they still needed her.

"I'll do my best to make up for the lost times." She sounded full of doubt but it's the least thing she could do; to be optimistic for the sake of the people around her. She shouldn't be a burden to anyone anymore.

"You are not obliged to do that." Yuna defended her from herself. "You deserved to grieve." She intentionally made her voice louder in her last statement. Making sure everyone would hear in the efforts to obliterate any judgment they had on her.

Louisa smiled warmly at Yuna. She couldn't express enough how grateful she was for being there for her. Even though she couldn't tell her the whole truth of what's really happening, she helped her nevertheless. She's been a dead-weight for her for quite some time, it's time to take this load off her shoulders.

"Thank you, Ms. Yuna." She gave her arm another squeeze telling her she's gonna be fine. "I think I need to get started."

Before she could walk away, Yuna pulled her arm away from Ms. Lee while gesturing that they will be quick.