✍Grayson's daughter

Kira:

I never thought that the day would come when I would feel good to be back in the castle. There had been so many memories within these walls. Very few good ones.
I watched Edrin perform the last rite for our son, we cried in each other's arms and life seemed to continue like it never stopped.

My sons have been so unfortunate, maybe the world is too contaminated for their innocent souls. I have accepted that they are happy wherever they are and I will always carry them in my heart, always.

As I wandered through the halls of the castle, I remembered the past... There was once a time when things were much more different, a time when the Queen hated me, but at least she was still alive. A time when Beatrice was the spoilt princess everyone knew her to be, but at least, it was always a game with her around. Now, nothing makes sense. My husband has been distant these past few days, I don't blame him, I need space too.

I stepped inside what would have been my baby's nursery. The same one Edrin and Jared spent their childhoods in. Everything just as we left them. Nostalgia washed over me like waves on a beach.
I continued looking around until, my eyes caught a glimpse of a figure in the mirror, Lila.

"AH!"
I almost passed out because of the pain in my head. But I chose to force myself to fight back. I was shocked to see her heavily pregnant, but for a pregnant woman, she was abnormally strong.

"Why aren't you dead?!!!".
That was all she kept on repeating as she struggled to get a hold of my neck.
No apologies, Lila, but I am not going to die today, certainly not by your hands. I continued to push her off of me but she fought back and aimed for my face, especially my eyes. My screams seemed to not be heard as no one came to my rescue.

The only way I could think of saving myself was hitting her stomach with my knee. I never meant to do it but she was going to kill me. She yelped and fell to her knees, that was my chance to hit the back of her head, causing her to faint. Then I ran out to seek help.

Thank God I found Edrin and narrated everything to him the best way I could, (I was still traumatized). He sent men to bring her to the treatment house. She was already bleeding, I felt terrible for hurting her.

Soon, she went into labour and brought forth a beautiful baby girl.

***

"Your highnesses, Lila is awake".

"Thank you, Silas".
Edrin greeted the royal physician, then turned to me, with his hands wrapped around my shoulder. "You don't have to do this, stay here while I go talk to her"

"No, Edrin, I need to look her in the face and ask her why she hates me so much. I have always seen her as a sister, yet she chose to hurt me so?". I didn't realize that I had been crying until he wiped off a few tears.

"I'll be with you every step of the way, my love". After saying this, he held my hand and we walked into the room of the girl who wants me dead.

She was tied to the bed, with her baby in her arms and a soldier standing next to her bed. She looked up and saw Edrin and me. The way she glared at our entwined hands made me remember how obsessed she was with Edrin long before he and I met.

"Speak!!". Edrin ordered.

"What do you want me to say?". She asked, like a child trying to play innocent.

He let go of my hand, drew out his sword and walked over to her. In a swift move, he yanked the baby out of her grasp, causing the poor thing to cry uncontrollably. He then brought the sword to the baby's neck.