16 - ice cream

Yuri grabbed his hand as they jumped down the bleachers and ran through the grassy field.

He was taken aback by the sudden hand grab and he just stared down at their hands as they ran through the track field. They snuck out through the front gates and made a run for it, it felt like they were running away from prison.

"I think we're far enough now-" Kai said as Yuri turned to face him.

"Why'd you ask if I was hungry..?" He asked.

"I'm craving ice cream" She said casually.

"You want ice cream?" He asked as they walked heading into the busier side of town.

"Yeah, I've been feeling down lately so why not?"

Kai went quiet. He didn't know Yuri's been feeling down.

He got an idea.

Once they were in the ice cream shop and they were trying flavors he licked the spoon and tapped on Yuri's shoulder.

"Hey Yuri- look at this" He said.

Yuri turned as she saw Kai with a tiny spoon stuck to his nose.

"Pfft- what are you doing silly?" Yuri said.

"What? Is there something on my face?" He said playing dumb?

Yuri took her spoon and smudged some ice cream onto his cheek.

"Now there is" She smiled.

"Hey- that's not nice-" He said smudging some onto her face now.

"Hey-!" She said spreading more onto his face.

The two laughed as they kept smudging cold ice cream onto each other's face.

The other customers looked at them weirdly as they kept on wiping different flavors onto their faces.

"Alright- we should actually get an ice cream before they kick us out-" Yuri said through her smile.

"Here," Kai said as he grabbed a wet-wipe and cleaned Yuri's face.

"Thanks-" Yuri said as she felt the wipe brushing down against her skin.

"Sorry- I kinda over did it with you" Yuri said as they were outside of the shop now as he kept on cleaning his face.

"It's okay, I thought it was fun" He said as they walked.

Yuri smiled as they ate their ice cream and talked on their way back to Yuri's.

"Hey , look at the sky, they look like fluffy hearts," Yuri said, placing her hand on top of his.

He looked up at the sky which was beginning to turn pink from the sunset. The sky did have a load of clouds that looked like heart shapes. 

    "Yeah, you're right," He agreed, turning to look down at Yuri who kept smiling up at the sky as his face began to feel warm.

They finally arrived at Yuri's place as they paused.

"Thanks for spending the whole day with me," Yuri said smiling at Kai, looking happier than ever before.

"Ah.. bye-!" Yuri said heading off.

"Yuri wait-!"

Yuri turned.

"I had fun with you today- I hope we can do this again sometime.." he said with a nervous yet cute smile.

She blushed as the sun gleamed behind him looking as if he was glowing.

(A literal angel)

She smiled back at him,

"Yeah me too."

She shut the door behind her as she slowly smiled.

Weird, I haven't felt that in while.

Yuri sighed, she had suddenly remembered about Juwon and their unplanned meet up.

Right..

Juwon said he wanted me to go back.