31 - photobook

Two weeks has passed since Yuri left to the hospital and she had not returned.

Kai went to school excitedly after the second week expecting to see Yuri at her desk. 

But when he walked in the class her seat was empty. 

In fact it was empty for the remainder of the week.

Kai assumed she was fine and being well taken care of, because she never responded to his messages.

Kai was constantly fighting the urge of double texting her a day, he found it was just easy to distract himself but he just couldn't stop thinking about Yuri.

"What are you doing?" Lea suddenly walked into the kitchen where Kai was looking through a photobook.

"Just looking at photos.." Kai said shrugging as his Lea peered over and saw all the older photos of their family and of Yuri.

"You like her a lot don't you?" Lea asked crossing her arms.

"Yeah- what I mean, no I don't.. I just miss Yuri that's all" Kai shook his head.

"You don't miss people you don't love" She said sitting next to him.

He sighed flipping to the next page as he noticed this photo of a girl with his grandparents.

"Lea- is that Bahiyyih?" He asked pointing at the photo.

"No why?" She said leaning over to look at it.

"It looks a lot like.. Yuri" Kai said wondering if he was going crazy now.

"Oh it must be Yuri then" She said as if it were nothing.

"Lee Yuri?" He said as he watched Lea pull out her phone and showed him a photo.

"Is this her grandmother?" She asked pulling up a photo of Yuri's grandma.

"Yeah- but you know Yuri's grandparents?" He asked in disbelief.

"Not me, our grandparents did, they were inseparable" She explained, "But Yuri was the one who sent me the photo of her grandma"

"Lea- do you think I knew Yuri since we were kids?" Kai asked trying to connect the dots.

"Most likely?" Lea shrugged, "I can't really remember much though."

Kai sat there in shock.

I've known Yuri since we were small?

Kai felt like his brain was going to explode like how it feels when he's in calculus.

Kai flipped through the older pages as something fell out from in between the pages.

It was the suicide note he had found months ago laying on the hall floor. He had forgotten he placed it there.

Yuri couldn't be in the hospital because she's the one who wrote the note?

Right?

Kai felt a ball form in his throat, he didn't know if they were good tears or not.

"Lea..?" He suddenly asked.

"Yes?" She said scrolling through her phone.

"How do you know if you.. like someone?" He asked sort of mumbling.

"Well," She said, "You get really excited to see them, they make you feel happy, safe, and loved"

Kai sat there as he sulked.

"Are you asking so you know if you like Yuri or not?" Lea teased him as Kai stood up.

"I think so" Kai said putting the suicide note in his pocket.

"Can't wait to have a new sister soon." Lea said looking at her phone. 

"Lea-!" Kai scolded her as she laughed. 

Kai was in his room studying for end of year exams but he couldn't focus..

He felt bad for not being able to stop thinking about Yuri but he just couldn't.

I just want to see her again..

I wonder how she's doing right now..

Kai re-read the suicide note again, at this point he had it memorized.

He sighed folding it up and placing it in his drawer so he wouldn't pick it up again.

The peaceful quiet was suddenly disturbed by Kai's phone ringing. He picked up as his eyes widened.

"Hello-?" Kai stammered answering the phone.

"Hey Kai.." He heard from the other side of the phone.

"Where are you-?! How are you-?! I-I mean.."

"Kai can we meet up at the park..?"

a/n: an extra chapter since i've been gone 😔

(stream sugar rush ride 4 clear ass skin)