36 - apology

A week had passed since me and Kai went to the bridge to scream our lungs out about how we feel. And just like last time when Kai had saved me from committing suicide, things have been a lot better. 

Kai had began to be more open about his feelings and what's in his head, he's also been helping me with that too. It's one of the things we have in common, we're very quiet and never really open up and show our emotions, we've come to the conclusion that it's a family thing and how we were raised, or maybe it's simply just the way we are. 

Either ways, I love the nights when we're together or on the phone and have long deep conversations talking about whatever spending hours with each other. 

But with spending time with Kai, I've realized that I apologize for- well everything. 

I don't know why I do it- I just do. 

It's more of a habit I just blurt out sorry all the time and I've never noticed until now. 

Luckily Kai thinks it's cute of me and always tells me to not worry about it or that it's nothing to apologize for- I just hope he isn't getting annoyed of it. 

"Do you have anymore led?" Kai asked me as Yuri looked up from her notebook. 

"I think I have some in my backpack" Yuri said reaching over and digging in the pockets. 

"Sorry I can't find it-" Yuri pouted feeling slightly embarrassed. 

"Heh, don't worry it's okay Yuri" Kai smiled. 

"Here you can use my pencil" Yuri offered placing it on his textbook. 

"No Yuri it's fine, I can use my molang pen" He teased. 

"Sorry I thought I had my led with me" Yuri sulked laying her chin on her notebook. 

"Don't worry Yuri, I like writing in pen more anyway" He said rubbing her head. 

"What if you mess up on your final exam notes because you're using pen?" Yuri pouted looking up at him. 

"Yuri it would be my fault then" Kai teased her. "stop overthinking things silly" 

"Okay sorry I will" Yuri said sitting up smiling at him. 

🤍

An hour had passed and the two were still at their study date in the café. 

Yuri dropped her pencil on her notebook as she groaned. 

"Are you okay Yuri?" He asked looking up from his work. 

"Sorry- I'm just starting to feel a bit tired and irritated" Yuri apologized. 

Kai smiled softly as he held her hand. 

"We can take a break and continue tomorrow" Kai suggested. 

"No finals are next week and we're already at the end of the school year" Yuri sulked stretching her neck back. 

"If only I were mentally stable and didn't go to the mental hospital I wouldn't have so much work to do" Yuri pouted feeling upset. 

"It's not your fault Yuri," Kai frowned, "you weren't feeling well, it's the same as breaking your leg or catching a cold and staying home. 

"Yeah I guess you're right.." Yuri doodled on her notebook, "sorry for ranting out of nowhere" 

Kai suddenly put his pen down as he tapped his chin in thought. 

"What is it?" Yuri asked. 

"How about I challenge you?" Kai said.

"Sure" 

"Stop apologizing for your feelings" He said. 

Yuri paused as she patted her legs. "How about a different challenge?" she smiled nervously. 

"Nope" Kai smiled, "you're always apologizing for something small or for how you feel-" 

"And I don't like that, no one should have to apologize for their feelings, especially you" Kai said. 

Yuri blushed as she looked down at her legs. 

"I'm sorry" Yuri said again knowing she already failed.

"You say that a lot" Kai said.

"I feel it a lot" Yuri said looking back at him. 

Kai smiled as he got up and walked up to her and kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry Yuri, it'll take time, I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to apologize for every little thing" He smiled holding her head, their foreheads touching each other's. 

"Okay Huening Kai" Yuri smiled. 

"Let's go, I'm feeling tired too" Kai said as they packed their things and took her hand. 

Yuri took his hand as she smiled. "I'm glad it wasn't just me"