1 - hell

For as long as I can remember, my life has been filled with painful memories. Nothing but memories.. Pictures filled around my room, paper decorations, all fake to fill in the empty void known as my heart.

My parents are always too busy to recreate new memories or love for me.

All they care about is work work work work work some more work work work and you guessed it.

WORK.

I hate you mom and dad.

"How have you been lately Lee Yuri?"

Now because of them..

I'm sick.

    "I've been fine."

That's not true.

    "That's good to hear, what happened this week?"

    "I miss him, I can't stop thinking about him." Yuri said as her voice trembled.

    "I see, what else?"

    "I miss her, my friend." Yuri replied as her vision came back.

    "Feeling any better?" My doctor asked as I blinked for my vision to come back

    "What happened?" Yuri asked as she sat up on the couch.

    "You had a panic attack and fainted due to exhaustion." He explained.

    "I'm sorry.." Yuri apologized.

    "There's no need to apologize, Yuri." He said.

    "Here take this water." My doctor said, handing me a glass of water.

I took the water, my hands were shaking. I was that weak to even hold a glass of water. I felt stressed. I just wanted to leave.. Yuri got up and could barely stand. The glass of water slipped out of her hands and the glass broke.

    "Lee Yuri! Sit back down!" My doctor advised me, "you're too weak to be standing up right now."

    "Forgive me.."

The doctor sighed.

    "Your grandma will be coming shortly to pick you up from today's therapy session." He explained.

    "I will be discussing about your new medication to your grandmother."

...

A few minutes went by and my grandmother had finally arrived to pick me up.

    "There's my bundle of joy!" My grandmother said smiling giving me a hug.

I love my grandma.

I smiled back at her.

    If it weren't for you, I don't know where I would be.

    "Mrs. Lee, I need a word with you." Doctor Wang said, coming out of nowhere.

Suddenly, I was sitting and just waiting, once again, for my grandma.

    "It's been awhile.." Yuri said to herself, "What could be taking so long..?"

Yuri began feeling anxious as she began looking around the room to distract herself.

As Yuri looked around the room a boy around her age caught her eye. He has brown wavy hair and smooth skin. Yuri felt calm looking at the boy.

The boy looked up from his phone and made eye contact with Yuri.

Yuri tried to look away but it was hard.

Yuri felt her face go numb and looked away. From the corner from her eye she sees the boy smile back down at his phone.

Yuri sighed out of relief.

    "Thank you, Doctor Wang." Yuri suddenly heard her grandma say from the other room.

    "Let's go pumpkin pie." Her grandmother smiled.

Yuri grabbed onto her grandmother's arm and leaned against her slightly. She could hear her grandma's lovely heartbeat. It made Yuri smile. She thought her grandmother was the strongest person she knew.

    "How did your appointment go with the hospital?" Yuri asked her grandma.

The question seemed to make Yuri's grandma flinch slightly and pause. Yuri got confused. Finally her grandmother closed the car door.

    "Well.." Yuri's grandmother hesitated, "It didn't go as best as I wanted it to."

    "Oh.." Yuri's smile quickly faded away.

Yuri stared at the car window as she looked at the sky.

    "But you don't need to worry about it, my pumpkin pie." Her grandmother smiled, weakly.

Yuri's grandmother enjoyed calling her pumpkin pie, it was the color of Yuri's hair. But as she got older it's been getting darker.

    "Alright, I'll try not to think about it" Yuri said, holding her grandmother's hand.

Compared to Yuri's hand, her grandmother's was warm.

    "I love you, grandma." Yuri said, her eyes watering up slightly.

    "I love you more." Her grandma responded kissing her forehead.

ring
.
ring
.
ring
.
RING
!
Yuri finally awoke due to her school alarm.
She still felt weak from last night. Even though all she did after school was go to the park, then therapy, and after the grocery store.

    "I really should buy a planner, I can never remember anything." Yuri said, trying to tame her wild hair.

Yuri walks down the stairs and sees her grandma making breakfast. Pancakes with berries on top.

It's Yuri's favorite, but it was odd that her grandma is just making it out of nowhere.

Something's up.

    "Morning grandma" Yuri said kissing her grandmother on the cheek.

    "Morning pumpkin"

    "What with the pancakes?" Yuri asked in a skeptical tone.

    "Oh, that? I just wanted to make my granddaughter her favorite pancakes!" Her grandmother grinned nervously.

    "Hmm?" Yuri said with a curious look on her face. "Alright-"

Her grandmother sighed with relief.

    "AHA!" Pointed Yuri, "so something is going on?"

    "You got me.." Yuri's grandmother nervously laughed.

    "So what is it?" Yuri said, crossing her arms.

    "I forgot to mention that I'm going to the hospital today for a another appointment." Her grandmother explained.

    "Oh." Yuri said putting her arms down.

    "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me, since you've been concerned about my health." Her grandmother continued.

    "Of course I'll go with you!" Yuri said.

    "Don't worry so much about me, remember soon it will be the end of your highschool years." Her grandmother said.

    "Yeah, I know..but," Yuri said looking down at her plate, "I care more about you."

Mrs. Lee sighed softly and walked over to Yuri looking down onto the table. And hugged her.

Yuri's eyes immediately watered up. She couldn't hold back her tears for longer and began to sob at the kitchen table.

    "It's going to be okay Yuri."

˚୨୧˚I hope yall enjoyed this was a lot ;-;˚୨୧˚ ⋆ and sorry for the semi depressing chapter lol