4 - note

It was late at night and Yuri's breaths were sharp and painful. She kept on twisting and turning all around in her covers. She trembled hard and clutched her hands. She gasped and woke up.

drip

drip

drip

Yuri breathes in and out slowly. She tried to calm herself down. She looked down and saw blood on her sheets. Yuri moved her hand up to her nose. It was dripping blood. Yuri scoffed to herself.

What a terrible nightmare.

Yuri got up and turned on the lights around her house. She quickly cleaned up her bloody nose. She sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. She saw nothing but a pathetic human being who does nothing but be weak.

I hate myself.

"I should be the one taking care of my grandma, I shouldn't be the weak one." Yuri said to herself.

Yuri walks over to check on her grandma who was sleeping soundly in her bedroom. Yuri smiled and walked up to her and kissed her forehead. No matter who it was, Yuri always found herself giving kisses out to people who are asleep soundly. It made her feel warm and good about herself.

She walked out of the room closing the door carefully behind her.

Yuri walks past the living room and kitchen and sees a human figure. Yuri immediately flinches and goes back to see if her eyes were playing tricks on her. They were, nobody was there.

"That was weird.." Yuri said feeling uneasy.

🤍

It was the next day and Yuri was getting ready for school. She heard her grandma humming from the kitchen. Yuri closed her eyes and smiled. She loves it when her grandma sings.

Back then when Yuri was younger, her grandmother would sing to her when she would cry or just for fun. That's how Yuri's interest in singing began. But she never took it seriously. And besides, she thought her voice was horrible.

"Good morning grandma" Yuri said, giving her grandma a hug.

"Good morning, pumpkin" Her grandma smiled, "I'll be staying at home today, so no need to worry about me."

"Oh I'm glad to hear that, make sure to get plenty of rest." Yuri said.

"Of course." She said.

"I'm serious-" Yuri said, stepping out of the house.

Yuri stepped out of the house, walking past other beautiful houses and passed by her favorite playground she used to play at as a kid. She does most of her homework there now, but it brings back old memories with her parents,

and this other boy she can't fully remember.

Yuri noticed a happy couple and their little boy, he was playing around in the park while his parents joined in with him.

She scoffed.

Why couldn't I have that?

Yuri groaned and continued walking or else she would be late. She got away with calculus yesterday. She doubts she'd get away with it again.

Yuri paused and remembered about her medication. She's always forgetting to take them. But her doctors make her take them religiously.
It made Yuri question it but she never bothered opening her mouth to ask her doctor. Yuri goes to take out her medication but then stops.