21 - melted

a/n : sorry it's been a while i've updated school and mental health is a bitch

"Here you go Yuri, you can use these" Lea smiled giving Yuri a pair of shoes.

When Yuri had heard that noise in her backyard she had sped walked out of her house without taking the time to realize she didn't have her shoes on.

"Thank you Lea," Yuri said, bowing.

"Hey Kai- before you guys leave can I have your girlfriend's number?" Bahiyyih said as the two stopped in their tracks.

"My what-?" Kai stammered turning a shade of pink.

"Your girlfriend- can I have her number silly?" Bahiyyih said confused.

"S-sure but she's not my girlfriend-" Kai said texting her the number.

"Yeah yeah sure-" Bahiyyih smiled as she got the number, "You two love birds have fun at school,"

"Shut up Bahiyyih-" Kai said embarrassed turning red again.

The two were now walking on their way to school as cherry blossoms fell from the trees around them peacefully.

"You're sisters seem very nice" Yuri said suddenly as she caught Kai's attention.

"Oh yeah they are- but they can get annoying at times like all siblings-" Kai said as Yuri smiled.

"I wouldn't know- I grew up by myself" Yuri smiled as Kai glanced over at her.

"Those shoes fit you perfectly huh?" Kai said as Yuri glanced down at her feet.

"Yeah, and they're pretty cute-" Yuri said, "When should I return them to Lea?"

"She told me to let you keep them," Kai smiled, "I guess she liked them better on you than herself"

"I mean- I won't say no to free shoes right?" Yuri joked as her smile slowly faded.

Kai looked over at Yuri as she froze- she looked terrified as if she a ghost.

It was him,

She saw the same guy in the hoodie.

He was getting closer and closer to them.

It was the guy that followed her out of the hospital.

Yuri felt her stomach turn and her legs numb- she didn't know what to do.

He's getting closer- what do I do-

"Yuri- are you okay-?" Kai suddenly asked, "Who is that-"

I'm sorry Huening Kai.

Yuri interrupted Huening Kai by pulling onto his vest and smashing her lips against his.

The two stood there frozen as the kiss became more and more soft and delicate; natural

Yuri held his face gently resting her thumbs gently against his soft skin as he placed his hands on top of hers, their lips melting onto each other.

Yuri opened her eyes to see the hooded person gone now- yet she somehow couldn't pull away from Kai's grasp.

They felt melted and stuck to each other.

She felt like her heart could explode at any second- were the two more than friends now?

Yuri finally backed away as she anxiously looked up to see Kai's expression- he was shocked and his ears were a bright red.

"Since when do friends kiss-?" Kai asked flustered and out of breath.

"Oh my god-" Yuri said turning red, embarrassed, "I'm so sorry- I p-panicked when I saw that guy walking towards us-"

Kai stood there flustered his ears still stinging with heat.

"I'm so sorry- I've ruined our friendship but I had to Kai-" Yuri said bowing embarrassed.

Does that mean she didn't mean it..?

"Yuri who was that guy-" Kai asked still flustered.

"I think I'm being stalked by an old friend of mine- I think he's the one who broke into my house-" Yuri said as tears began to slowly form in her eyes.

"Don't cry Yuri-" Kai said hugging her, "It's okay- you didn't ruin our friendship."

I thought she kissed me because she liked me.

"Hey, let's go to the park so you can teach me origami" Kai said with the softest smile ever.

As the two walked to the house close by Yuri's house she eased up a bit as she sighed.

"What's wrong?" Kai suddenly asked.

"Kai- did you hate the kiss?" Yuri asked as he paused.

"I didn't hate it- it just caught me off by surprise that's all-" Kai said feelings his ears sting again.

"Kai- you don't have to say yes or anything but-"

"Would you like to be my pretend boyfriend?"

His eyes widened-

"Pretend boyfriend-?" He asked.

"Yeah- so that creep can leave me alone-" Yuri said looking off to the side.

Why did I feel so disappointed? Do I like Yuri?

"I don't see why not- I've never had a girlfriend before s-so.." Kai said scratching his head.

"That's okay- we just need it to seem like we're together and hopefully that leads him away-" Yuri said, fidgeting.

Why did I feel so upset? I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart multiple times.

Do I actually like Huening Kai ?

No- that's impossible.

That kiss meant nothing to us.

Right?