|9|

Chapter nine.

MADEENAH.

"I find it hard to come Byron myself around you Madeenah." Those words have been repeating itself in my head since Saturday.

I snap out of my thoughts when the principal came into the classroom.

"Good morning class. Sorry to interrupt your lesson but I have and information for you all." She said adjusting her glasses. "So two days ago Ammar had been badly injured and right now he's fighting for his life in the hospital. The schools camera shows that he was intentionally hit with a baseball bat, the police are investigating this issue after school hours so get ready.

"Oh my God. I can't believe after what he did I fell sorry for him." I say turning to Sahib.

"I wish I could feel even a tiny bit sorry for him but he deserves it so I don't care." He spat.

"Sahib don't be like that." I say rolling my eyes at him. "I know he has been a huge ass jerk but no human being deserves that."

"You call that elephant a human." He said but I couldn't help but snicker at his comment.

"Anything funny Ms Hadid?" The teacher said and I quickly cover my mouth with my hands.

"Nothing. I just remembered something." I said.

"Well don't remember that again n my class or you'll find your future in detention." She spat and went on with her lesson.

***
I was nervous for this investigation and I don't know why. I opened the door of the classroom where I will say my statement.

"Ms Hadid take a seat." She said.

I sat on the chair opposite her. "Where were you on Monday around 4:30pm?" She asked.

"I was at my grandparents house for the weekend." I said calmly.

I watch as she wrote something on her notepad before looking at me again. "Do you have any witnesses?"

"Yes my best friend Sahib and my friend Adila." I said and she nodded.

She opens her laptop and shows me a video. "Do you recognize the person in this video?" She asked and I felt like time had stopped as I stare at the screen.

Behind all the black clothes and mask I already know who the person is.

***
Please let me know you're enjoying the story by voting and commenting.

My readers are low but I hope it'll increase later on so my hard work will mean something.