Chapter 14 - Assasination... Attempt

Note: I have written this chapter with a major divergence, specifically with the anti-Comintern meeting and its details and location. This was for Primarily for semi-plot purposes, So if you still want to you can leave an angry comment anywhere in this chapter.

———November 9, 1937———

"Are you smoking...?" I asked, after turning a corner to see Amita.

"*pft!* Wha? Pft. N-No." She said quickly hiding a small cigarette, due to being a Former Vault Guard She was extraordinarily capable of easily concealing the smoke, and dissuading Burns.

"...My eyes are more exceptional than you can ever dream of, I saw you smoking."

"I'm sorry...! Okay... Ever since I found it, It helps calms the nerves... Y'know?"

"While I cant argue the fact that you are virtually a superhuman since you have been alive for Centuries while keeping a young Appearance. Smoking still isn't the best way to calm your nerves."

"Well... I mean music can help since it does calm me down but... I cant really bring it along, I'm always anxious. Ever since I've been out of the Vault I wasn't under constant threat of being seen, my eyes would be despised and I could sentenced to-!" She was gradually increasing her anxiety, to the point where she raised her hands by her head scratching both of her temples.

"Calm down." I grabbed her hand.

"Breathe..." I uttered to which she followed.

. . .

Soon enough I let go of her hands, she looked at the unlit cigarette in her hand before she dropped it, with a heavy sigh.

"Music helps you right?"

"...Yeah?"

"Hmm, Well... I guess I can be able to test this out now." I said quickly taking out something I've been working on for awhile.

"Test what?" She asked.

I pulled out a small box-shaped device, with an audio tapes inside visible through the plastic with a cable connecting to a Headset taken from a Communications array.

(Looks something akin to this, just remove every single written label, imagine it is more light-grey. This isn't accurate to how I imagined it is but it is the closest.)

She grabbed it and scrutinized it for awhile.

"What's this supposed to be?"

"Put on the Headset and click this button." I said partially dodging her question.

She put on the Headset before she looked at the small boxy device, and hesitantly pressed the button, her face went from worried to surprised immediately, only after several seconds she pressed one white button, and another, and the last one, before she took off the headset which then hanged around her neck.