Chapter 37 - For Whom The Bell Tolls

———July 20, 1943, Site 022 'Der Riese', German-Czechslovakian Border———

A single Enormous hangar-like Facility in this specific location, Amita who was generally the one in-charge of the operation (a considerably big leap, but she is under a secretive persona) and Helga who was temporarily called here to assist after her notable involvement with Wendi on missile development. They stood by a single observation deck as they look at the latest machine meant to assist in an endeavour required for ending the war placed at the centre of Dodecagonal Henge-like Supports.

Amita was focused on the calibration of the new machine, simply referred to as 'Die Glocke', or 'The Bell', due to its appearance resembling that of a large bell, the appearance was intentional as it provides the needed storage space for the internal mechanisms needed.

(Just Remove the 'Pinwheel', and replace it with a German cross)

Several tethering cables connect the machine to the henge to present it from gaining much altitude as the gravity manipulation engines inside result in such a problem.

"It's ready to start." One of The operating personnel said

"Let her loose." Amita responded.

As with a flick of a switch by the operating technicians several larger cables which connect to the machine emit static, electricity coursing through and into The Bell. The sound of metallic thrumming perceived before gradually turning into more a sound more akin to a faint Metallic Hum.

Amita held onto the desk in-case for something unanticipated to occur. The bottom of Die Glocke began to glow a bright Whitish-Blue and several white particles begin to manifest below it as the machine levitated off of the ground.

"..." Amita Lenard in closer to the observation deck's Bulletproof window to take a closer look.

"Seems to be going well." Amita commented as the tethering wires suddenly snapped into a straight appearance as the bell accelerated upwards, they kept the bell remaining in a stable position.

"..."

———————

In one of the medical rooms where there were several people laying on the beds mostly are unconscious or sleeping, A single person continuously walks around checking on them, Josefa Mengele. She stopped by one bed where two people were observing and talking to a red-haired female.

"I-I know I'm sorry-" Izetta attempted to Apologize her way out

"You had us worried sick and you say your sorry, you practically exhausted all the magic you have in your body, what's worse is your current condition... You were supposed to absorb earth energy from the ley-lines, yet when you passed that point you barely even absorbed anything..."

"...I'am not sure why, though..." Izetta said

"I guess it was more my fault... I never expected an ambush to take place, I should've listened to you Matthew, any normal bombing would've been enough." She said.