Chapter 48 - At War's End

(Do I feel proud of this story? Not really, I feel bored.)

—~~—Greater London ceremonial county—~~—

With the rapid offensive straight into the UK's south. Many of the British forces are insignificant for defence. But that didn't stop those who continue to fight to the bitter end.

Several British and American Tanks lay scattered and destroyed by this specified Bridge. Many of the British are still fighting to the end, and these British are managing to hold up quite well, having eliminated a number of Enemy tanks and personnel.

"Men are dropping like flies already... What do we-?" An American soldier staying concealed with several others, spoke up until the distant sound of treads was perceived.

He peaked out to see a tank bearing German markings moving forward down the road and towards the Bridge.

"...That's... New?" The American uttered. As both them and the French soldiers watched the tank pass by.

On the other side the British continue to prepare for another attack, until one of the soldiers spot the German tank crossing the bridge.

"...That's new isn't it?" He uttered.

It was one of the very few prototypes meant to be the successor to the Löwe, still unproven and still plagued by technical problems, but they have been fielded either way to participate in the landings. The NK-V.40 Lynx, otherwise known as 'Prototype V.40'.

"They're Here, Chaps." In a different building, A British sergeant said after receiving the radio transmission.
Several personnel quickly rush up to the roof of the building the resided in, and many quickly prepare their remaining equipment. And they immediately saw the lone German tank.

"You're late you lazy bastards, but we'll forgive you!" One of the British Soldiers said ecstatically.

The British sergeant looked at the tank to see its turret turning to aim at them.

"Take cover!"

The tank sent a 105mm shell at the building the British soldiers were on, then another at the other building the British snipers and spotters were. One of the British soldiers quickly peaked out the side of the building and held out his PIAT and fired at the Lynx tank. The projectile struck its hull, but when the smoke cleared and the Lynx tank proceeded forward with only visible damages.