Chapter 40 - Overthrow

———Palazzo Venezia, Rome, Italy———

At night, several dark figures were surrounding the area. Whilst inside the halls of the building, several people were within a single room, with Benetta at the foremost seat.

"The Operations have been a success, So Far with the assistance of or Ally Germany. We have managed to push the soviets out of Iran, however several difficulties have been endured such as their constant barrage of their rockets.
The Germans state they will be taking over the Defence role and prepare platforms needed to intercept these technological terrors, while our countrymen return home to be treated."

"I see, Then that puts problems out of our soldiers, the campaign resulted in many injuries, Try to put ourselves on the defensive for just a moment, The Youth is better off healthy and active than pained." Benetta said

Whilst the council continued with the reports, distant thrumming and banging noises were heard outside the room. A few of the guards on standby were alarmed, and they went by the door.

"Does anybody else here that?" Benetta asked.

"What on earth are our guards doing? Sooner or later I'm going to have to replace them." One of the member's of the council said.

The door suddenly flung open and three small projectiles were thrown to the floor which just a second later they detonated evicting large swaths of smoke.

"Oi! What's going on!?" One of the member's shouted in shock as everyone stood up from their seats. Soon afterwards the repetitive sounds of gunfire resounded across the room as bullets were spraye din semi-automatic room eliminating most of the guards, and injuring a few members.

"Stop this!" Benetta yelled pulling out a pistol, only for it to be shot out of her hand. "Ah!"

*clap* *clap* *clap*

"A pleasant evening, Miss Duce." A man said as several other armed men behind him state. They all wore uniforms bearing a single badge.

"What is all this...!?" Benetta yelled.

"This is treason!"

"This is Madness!"

"Oh no... it's better. We are the communist party of Italy. I'm afraid You're reign is over. And before you say the war has not harmed the Italian people... It already has with our fellow countrymen being sent out to die."

"Really? Tell me how is that worse than the continuous use of wave tactics by the Soviet Federation?" Benetta asked.

"Because they had a reason a too. They were provoked, but you... You attacked without provocation, stood alongside an evil power."

"Okay, that's where you're wrong, the Federation were the one's that-!"

"Silence!" The man said raising a pistol as several of his fellow members were pointing their rifles at the other members at gunpoint.

"Now... The further this war progresses under this girl's power the worse it will become due to the strain of resources... A girl shouldn't even be in power. Go ahead, everyone." He said before gesturing for his men to persuade (Threaten) the member's of the council, "You will need to."

"...I-I... No..." one of the members said, only to have a bullet lodged into his skull.

"She was young you-!" And another one attempted to insult one of the men for killing the female member, and then received bullet to his skull as-well.

"I-I Declare a vote of no confidence regarding Benetta Mussolini's rule! All in favour?!" One of the men suddenly blurted out, several other members raised their hands in approval. Benetta looked at the leading man of the group.