Chapter 26 - Tension between the Giants

—Late-September 1941–

"What the hell was that?!" One of the crewmen yelled as he reached the upper-decks, their Transport ship experienced a sudden rumble that managed to cause distress distress and damage within the interior of the ship.

"Trail!" One of them yelled, pointing out towards the rough and mist-covered seas. All of them watchdogs in Horror as a white trail breezed towards the Ship, it was noticeably fast reaching approximately 50 knots.

"Brace for Impact!" The Torpedo Struck just mere moments afterwards, below the deck several of the crew were running and some were struggling as water gushed in severely, the torpedo's explosive yield pierced a hole extending 8 meters in approximate diameter into the light-Armoured ship. Quickly beginning to flood two decks.

"Where the hell did that come from!?"

"It's a Sub! It's gotta be!"

The Liberty ships (prompted to be built early by Willow's suggestions), which were hastily built due to Being spread thin in terms of transportation to multiple countries, were utterly defenceless, lacking sufficient armaments other than Machine guns and Anti-Air Mounts.

———

"The Holland was struck!" Another individual from a nearby Liberty ship reported.

"Torpedo...? f**k... Radio the other ships! Evasive maneuvers, send a distress signal immediately!" He ordered a communications officer.

"Aye!"

"Where the hell did it come from?"

"...I-I... I don't-"

*BOOM*

An Ear-Raping Boom traversed the ship, a Large sprout of water emerged from its port side, as it suddenly listed a bit to its starboard side. For awhile the ship slowly turned back straight, soon enough it slowly began to list off towards its port side.

"F**k!"

"Did anyone see where that trail came from?!"

"Sir, There is Something over at Northwest! Too low in the water, it might be a surfaced submarine!" One of them shouted, as he looked through his binoculars not completely accurate due to the mist.

"Get Everyone to see what that is!"

"Another trail has been sighted!"

"Jesus... Christ..."

"Red! R-Red! It's a Sovi-!" Before He could finish the Torpedo immediately Struck the ship once more and the list began to increase. Several more booms were faintly perceived, the other ships in the small fleet were struck. But the captain managed to hear the one who yelled it out...

"Red... Those, Damn Communists..."

—~~—~~—~~—
———United States Of America———

"Madam President For the past week There have been several sinkings within the atlantic... A large number of transport ships heading for Europe have been intercepted and sunk." Freya said

"...Have any of our ships been dispatched to rescue any of their remaining crew? "Francesca asked

"Yes, Madam President, However there were a nearby Axis ships, mostly Italian, that responded to the distress signals. They are currently being sent back."

"...Christ... Were the ships in question all of our transports to Europe?"

"All of ours that were heading for Germany and Italy, The ones sent for Britain largely remained untouched. And it seems it just confirms the reports, The perpetrators of the assaults have been said to be of Soviet origin." Freya said