Chapter 17 - Eve of the War

(Note: This chapter (and likely the one after it too) will involve several Perspective/Location Shifts, mostly because of divergence reasons or decentralized Views. I'm sorry if this may cause inconvenience. For those looking to complain, please leave an angry comment here. Or anywhere in this chapter. Okay, Goodbye.)

———Oberkommando———

The Oberkommando, The main command for the Wehrmacht. Despite not being officially part of this council of ministers, Ava pressed and insisted. I pretty much had no choice, but she just seems happy to see me.
But what she wasn't happy about was the British Attack

"The German altmark tanker was sunk by a British Warship just off the coast of Norway."

"We could easily use this as an excuse to occupy Norway, it has a quite an amount of oil we can't pass up during the war."

"And it would prevent the British from interfering with our iron exports from Sweden since we would now be directly supplied by land rather than sea."

"Why can't we invade Sweden too?"

"We can't be too greedy, after all they are virtually neutral we have no need for them other than their continued iron exports, which they are currently willing to. However it depends we may need to have them export us a greater amount of iron for the purpose of our military weaponry."

"Matthew." Ava soon called me.

"Ja?"

"...I'll be making you partially in-charge to orchestrate the Operation, We will be busy to plan the defence of our homeland at the Thermidor Republic's steps."

"Jawohl, Mein Führer."

The one who orchestrated the invasion of Norway is well... Hitler himself, besides being the Führer he is also the Commander-and-chief, Now I've been assigned to Partially But strategically control the operation in these regions. I would've been a terrible leader, but Thanks to history I think I can manage.

—————

In my world, July of 1940 a plan to invade Great Britain was laid out, and by May that same year the RAF bombed German city's rendering Hermann Goering humiliated after stating that the Luftwaffe will eliminate the RAF along with stating British bombers will never reach German Airspace.

The Me-262s were ready for Combat and their pilots were being quickly trained, but for the battles against France, And Me-109s will take the reigns. Helicopters cannot be used yet, We can't show all our cards until the soviets Attack.

And yes, the soviets will attack, I've managed to convince Ava not to deal with the USSR, but of course Soviets will be soviets, they never hide their expansionist policies to the west, But is that somehow different with that new leader that's not stalin, I've heard that Josefine Stalin is still a General Secretary. I wonder if this new guy would actually try.
But I can't drop the reason he is something else. Soviet industrialism cannot Just jump this fast.

—~~—~~—~~—
———April 3, 1940, Abwehr, German Intelligence———

*knock* *knock*

A knock in the room of Wilhelm canaris was heard, he immediately stood up from his his to reach the door, until it was kicked down as Four SS soldiers bursted in and proceeded to drag him out of the room.

"Wilhelm Franz Canaris." I said after seeing him.

"I'm sorry to say this, but you are under arrest for associating with the Resistance against the current Government." I spoke trying to sound as polite toned as possible.