Chapter 44 - Desecration (2/2)

———Neukreuz Exterior area———

Carina opened fire via her MG-40 upon several soviet soldiers near the entrance. She sometimes looked up for brief moments to see several soviets parachuting down.

"Jesus... There are so many of them still falling! Why can't we shoot!"

"You know the rules and so do we, Carina. Never fire upon those still confined to parachutes. Or else you'll suffer the guilt and penalty."

"..."

"We need to get some ground, there are multiple of them still within the walls and large amounts of individuals are still in there!"

Franz observed the crumbling castle, until he saw a ladder area leading to the roofs of the castle facilities. "Over there."
Werner patiently waited for one of the soviets to land on there, before he quickly shot the soldier in the leg when he attempted to climb down the ladder. The pain forced the soldier to let go and grasp his leg, and fell down slamming onto the rear supply section of a truck.

"He'll be fine, that fall and landing most likely made him unconscious." Werner assured as all three proceeded to advance, Franz grabbed an AK-38 assault rifle. He knew how to operate it easily as they shockingly have similar internal structures.

He decided to go full Rambo and fired both rifles spraying bullets around to disorient the soviets soldiers, experiencing difficult-to-manage recoil and inaccuracy.

He quickly rushed over after ceasing fire. He slashed his Stg-34's bayonet across the throat of a Soviet soldier that peaked his head out at the worst time

"Come on! over here!" Carina yelled as she began to climb the ladder followed by franz and then Werner.

———Lower floors———

"Alright in here!" Amita said as she opened the door.

"*cough* *cough* Christ..." Josefa uttered when she rushed in whilst carrying Izetta. Several amounts of Smog was present.

Die Glocke was right there several tethering wires already hooked to their supports. At the very end of the chamber were severe amounts of destruction as several small red mercury storage containers (not barrels) had detonated. Fortunately Die Glocke was virtually unscathed due to their reasonable distance.

Josefa laid her down on a nearby seat, while Amira rushe duo the stairs to the observation deck where the required component was. Upon entering she quickly searched the area until she found a briefcase

"*phew* okay..." She said as she took out a small trinket from the case and headed back down again.

"Alright, Izetta make sure to brace yourself!" Amira said as she rushed over to Die glocke. Another detonation traversing the facility making Amira stagger a bit until she reached the machine's side and ripped off a nearby panel and attempted to insert the component inside.

*Bang* *Bang* Sounds of kicking upon the door to the chamber were perceived.

"You've got to be kidding me...!" Josefa uttered vaguely knowing it wasn't and friendly individual. She soon pulled out a Stg-34 Assault Rifle, she closed one of her eyes and pointed it towards the door in preparation for a storm-in.

Amita contemplated whether she should insert the component in or not. Izetta's abilities clearly take time regenerate from this machine, and she can most likely withstand the pain, but neither her or Josefa will be able to. Josefa looked at Amita before giving an expression that already speaks to her a sentence, and then back at izetta who nods.

*BANG* "Fascist!" A Soviet soldier yelled after bursting into the room. Josefa immediately reacted and opened fire upon the soldiers. Simultaneously, Amita pulled the component out and rushed over holding a P38 Walther in defence, and Izetta attempted to use a last bit of her energy to hold the soviets back.