Chapter 42

A/N: Okay, so first I just want to thank allllll of you guys. Holy shit, my story has been getting so many views, likes, and comments and I cannot express how thankful I am for all of you! I'm gonna update as much as I can from now on. I know this chapter is very short and there's not much content, but I wanted to post it to let you guys know that I'm still active and I'm going to continue updating this book. So again, thank you!  

__________________________

"You did what now?" I ask him, my jaw on the floor.

"I said, I called your father."

"Yeah, I heard you. But why? What were you guys talking about?" I ask him very intrigued.

"Just some small talk - how is he doing, will he be able to visit soon, is he okay with us moving in together, are the nurses treating him right, etc."

"You told him we are moving in together?" My jaw is literally hanging on the floor. I don't know how to react. Am I mad? Excited? I don't know, you tell me.

Dimitri gives me a simple nod to answer my question, and opens the car door for me.

"But you can't just do that, Dimitri. We haven't... I haven't decided on anything yet. I don't want us moving too quickly. So for you just to call my dad and announce it like that - not cool," I say, shock evident in my voice.

"Oh come on, you are not seriously mad... are you?" He asks me, starting the car and begins the drive towards campus. When I don't answer him, he continues, "I did not think it would be that big of a deal, alright. You basically live in my apartment already, so it is not like things are gonna change."

"I know things aren't going to change very much, Dimitri, but it's still a big step. Or it is for me anyways."

"Alright fine, I will call your father and let him know that we are not going to be moving in toge-" he sighs, but I cut him off, "No, don't do that. I want to move in with you... so don't call him."

Silence fills the car.

"You are one mysterious woman, Ruby."

I roll my eyes playfully at him and give his cheek a small peck.

"So will I get my own key? I will definitely have to pay something for living there. Can I do the grocery shopping? When will we pick up my things and move out?" I ask him, the shock that was evident earlier, now changed out with excitement.

"Let us take one thing at a time. Tonight we are just gonna go back to my apartment and sleep. Tomorrow morning, we can figure all the annoying stuff out," he tells me. His voice gives out how tired he is, so I decide not to argue with him on the matter.

"Okay, that sounds good," I sigh, also feeling tired now, "Dimitri?"

"Hhmm?"

"Why?" I ask him, not very elaborated but he knows exactly what I'm asking him.

"Because... you never know how much time there is left. For me. For you. For us. Really for anyone. So why would I not want to spend every chance I get with the person I love? And what is better, than knowing you are going to be there every morning when I wake up, and every night I fall asleep?" Dimitri answers me truthfully. It's in these moments, that I feel the love and the affection for me that comes from him, which only makes me love him more. If I don't end up marrying this boy, then I'd rather be single forever.