Chapter 29

I'm bright awake when there finally is a knock on my door. I haven't gotten much sleep last night, so I've just been laying, waiting for Dimitri and Jamie to come by. It's 8 AM and Emily is still sleeping beside me. I slowly get out of bed and open the door, revealing a worried-looking Jamie and Dimitri. I know Dimitri hasn't told him exactly what all this is about, but I'm sure Jamie must know something is wrong. I mean, it is pretty unusual that Dimitri gets involved with things, that aren't about himself.

"She's still asleep," I tell the guys and open the door further, signaling them to walk inside.

"Can somebody please tell me what's going on?" Jamie asks, looking at Dimitri before shifting his eyes over to me.

"I think it's best if you hear it from Emily herself. And please, let her talk out before you react to the whole situation," I tell him softly.

I walk over to Emily and shake her slightly. "Emily... It's time for you to wake up," I whisper to her.

She groans in response.

"Jamie is here. I think you and he should talk." As those words leave my mouth, her eyes shoot open.

"You brought Jamie here?" She asks, getting aggressive.

"Emily, calm down. Alright, you need to tell him," I say softly, trying not to be affected by her harsh tone. I know it's not her, but the drugs talking.

As the words sink in, she stays silent. I take that as a clue and say, "Dimitri and I will be in the cafeteria getting breakfast, okay? We'll be back in an hour."

I grab Dimitri's hand and lead him out of the dorm. I am aware that I'm still wearing my fluffy pajama pants and a tank top.

"You are not wearing that in public," Dimitri tells me sternly.

"What's wrong? Don't like my pants?"

"I do not care about your pants, it is your bare shoulders and your tank top, that bothers me."

I don't answer him, I just smile to myself.

"You are playing with me," Dimitri asks, but it comes out more like a statement.

"Of course, I am playing with you, you idiot. I'll never walk around campus in this. Do you even know me," I laugh, before continuing, "We're going to your place. I just wanted Emily to know that we were close by, in case she needed me. But I know, her and Jamie will be just fine so she won't need me."

As we finally walk into Dimitri's apartment, I ask, "What do you think is gonna happen?"

"I honestly do not know. It is not like I even know the girl," he answers nonchalantly.

"Don't be rude."

"I am not being rude, I am telling the truth. I never bothered with her and I will not start now. You and Jamie are the only reason why I am even involved with this crap," he tells me.

"Well, it's not like you have to be involved. You can just ignore it," I tell him getting kinda bummed. I know he doesn't want anything to do with her, but the girl is going through a really hard time. You would think that even Dimitri would have some sympathy for her, but apparently not.

"I have to be involved, otherwise I am going to hear shit from you and Jamie, and I do not want to deal with that," he tells me. I mean, he's not wrong. I would definitely go at him about this, so I'm glad that he's helping out. Even if it's for me and Jamie, and not for Emily.

I don't answer him. My silence confirms his argument, and a smirk slips onto his face.

"Oh, don't give me that look," I say, but even I can't hide my smile.

Dimitri walks towards me and pulls me into him. He kisses the top of my head before letting go and pulls me into his bedroom.

"We have 30 minutes before we have to be back," he tells me as he jumps into his bed, pulling me down with him.

"What do you want to do?" I ask him, wriggling with my eyebrows.

"What do you want to do?" He asks me right back, challenging me.

I slowly lean in towards him, as if I'm about to kiss him, but instead I whisper, "Sleep sounds good."

He groans as I pull away and hop under the covers.

"You are such a tease," he tells me.

I look up and catch his eyes, before giving him a small peck on the lips.

"Satisfied?" I ask him.

"Whatever," he says and hops under the covers too. He pulls me into his chest and together, we drift off to sleep.