Chapter 43

"So we'll get my stuff..?"

"Tomorrow will be good," Dimitri answers me, smiling.

I can't believe I'm moving in with him - this weird guy, I accidentally pepper-sprayed in the eye one night. And now, here we are in our apartment. It all feels so unreal... but I'm happy. I actually don't remember being this happy in a long time. I feel so grown up - having my own bathroom, having to wash my own dishes, etc. I mean, I did do these things at home, but here, standing in an apartment I can call mine and Dimitri's, it's different. It's surreal.

"Yeah, tomorrow will be good," I agree, "Anyways, do you need something from the store? Then I can run down and grab it."

"No, we do not need anything from the store tonight," he answers me, laying pressure on 'we'.

I smile at him and say, "Okay, okay, Mr. Big guy."

Dimitri shakes his head and sits down on the couch. I quickly disappear into his room and grab my fluffy pants, that I left here, and one of his black t-shirts. There is not a feeling in this world, that beats the feeling of taking uncomfortable clothes off after a long day.

I walk back out of Dimitri's room - or actually our room.

"What do you want for dinner?" he asks me, standing with him back to me in the kitchen.

"I'm not really hungry, actually. I'll just take something later. Thanks, though," I answer him honestly.

"Are you feeling sick?" he asks concerned, turning around to face me. I don't go unnoticed by the small smile on his face and replaces the concerned look.

"What?" I ask and look down to see if I have something on my clothes. Nope, nothing.

"I like your outfit," he teases me.

"Ha-ha, very funny."

"Sorry, I am sorry. But are you feeling sick?" Dimitri asks me, getting serious again.

"No no, don't worry. I'm just too tired to think about food right now. Come lay with me on the couch, will you?"

"Yeah, you go ahead and lay down and I will be there in a second."

Not even a minute later, I'm in the arms of the person I love the most. I can feel the sleep starting to creep in. In the back of my head, a small worry is starting to form. Things are going good - too good. I feel like a disaster is bound to happen. The only question is when?