six: purple sky

"Haruto, how many times did I already tell you to go to your room and sleep? Your fever is gonna get worse if you just continue watching TV." Asahi demands as he walks towards the living room with orange juice where Haruto was comfortably watching TV.

"It's still 9 PM, What are you talking about?" Haruto remarks as he munched on some chips together with the orange juice Asahi made for him. "I won't be having a date with Jeongwoo tomorrow anyway, he didn't message me or anything about it."

"Haruto!" A familiar voice barges into their unit which shocked Asahi and almost made Haruto choke on his orange juice. (stream orange btw)

Haruto looked at Jeongwoo who seemed so worried that he even entered their house without permission. "What are you doing here? You can't just enter someone's house like that!"

Jeongwoo stayed silent because of the embarrassment he brought upon himself. "W-well... I was worried about y-you, okay? Jaehyuk Hyung said you're sick."

"He didn't have to say that..." Haruto softly whispered to himself as he hugged his llama stuffed toy, hiding his face with it.

Asahi felt the awkwardness between the two so he pulled Haruto up from the sofa and pushed him to his bedroom. "You should get inside too, Jeongwoo. You guys need to fill up the awkwardness between you two." He then walked towards Jeongwoo and pushed him inside the room together with Haruto. "Take care of him, Woo." He waved them goodbye before closing the door.

"Aish, that Robot Hyung!" Haruto pulled up his blanket and covered himself with it, trying to avoid eye contact with Jeongwoo. They're not that close yet nor they had that many moments so he doesn't want to see him here in his bedroom.

Jeongwoo laughed softly, staring at Haruto who felt embarrassed. "Don't feel awkward, we have to do fake dating for a few more months."

"But the fact you're already in my room within 4 days of meeting each other just feels... weird," Haruto screamed through his blanket. "Why did you even come over? Are you worried about me because you already fell for me?" He sat up, giving Jeongwoo that expression where his eyebrows are moving up and down repeatedly.

"You fool, I'm worried because I'm afraid I have no one else to do this fake dating with if you don't take care of yourself," Jeongwoo remarked, nudging Haruto away from him after hearing Haruto's wrong impression. "Sleep already, I won't be leaving unless you sleep right now."

Haruto hid under his blanket after feeling embarrassed for his wrong idea about why Jeongwoo came all the way here. "Just leave already, no one asked you to come here. It isn't part of our terms and conditions in fake dating."

Jeongwoo went outside to ask Asahi for a spare blanket and came back with Haruto's old blanket which he overgrew since he's so tall now. "Move. I wanna sleep too, you know."

"Sleep on the floor— What are you doing?" Haruto asked with extreme shock as soon as he saw Jeongwoo lying down next to him comfortably. "You can't just sleep in someone else's bed without permission—"

"Why do I need your permission? We're a couple, shooting star. Don't forget that." Jeongwoo added with his eyes closed. "Let's sleep now, shall we, shooting star?"

Haruto just let out a sigh since he can't do anything to get rid of the annoying chocolate next to him. "Fine, just don't touch me!"

"Jeongwoo-ah, Jeongwoo-ah... Park Jeongwoo!" Haruto whisper-shouted to wake up Jeongwoo who woke up so slowly.

"What do you want this time, huh? We're supposed to be sleeping right now!" Jeongwoo tiredly says, still feeling sleepy.

Haruto held his hand and shook it several times so he can wake up, not half-asleep. "We're a couple, shooting star, remember? Which means you're gonna do everything just to make me happy."

"Yes, I know, but we're supposed to sleep—"

"You're the one who said those same words that's why I allowed you to sleep next to me while I'm sick! Come on, please? I can't sleep so please carry me up to the rooftop." Haruto pointed up to the ceiling with a huge smile.

Jeongwoo frowned but he can't do anything about it since Haruto's right. No couple isn't fair so he really has to do something for Haruto as well. "Fine, but do I really need to carry you? You have feet!"

"I'm sick, you jackass." Haruto reminded him through gritted teeth.

"Aish, just hop on my back then. Make sure you aren't a fat ass pig." Jeongwoo teased as he bent down for Haruto to hop on so he can carry him.

They soon got up to the rooftop which was apparently 20 floors beyond their unit and the elevators were closed for maintenance so Jeongwoo had to carry him all the way here.

"What are you eating, dumbass? You're literally the heaviest person I've ever carried." Jeongwoo dropped to the floor, feeling exhausted as he watched Haruto run around the rooftop freely during 3 am. "Why did you even want to come all the way here?"

Haruto looked at him with the brightest smile. "I told you, I like seeing shooting stars even if they come rarely so I wanna know if they'll actually come this time. It's been 3 months since I last saw one and that was with Asahi Hyung."

"And what if they don't show up? Does that mean I have to bring you down again 20 floors from now—"

"Wah! A shooting star! Jeongwoo, come look!" Haruto pointed at the shooting star falling from the purple sky.

Jeongwoo stood up from the floor and stood next to Haruto, staring at the beautiful yet rare event in front of his eyes. "We should make a wish, right?"

"Right! I almost forgot! You can go first!" Haruto giggled with excitement.

Jeongwoo closed his eyes and took a deep breath before wishing. "I wish my solo will be successful."

Haruto almost choked at the younger's wish. "What kind of wish is that? When wishing in front of a shooting star, it has to be something too impossible to come true since usually miracles happen with those kinds of wishes. You're so selfish."

"You'll never know! My solo might not turn out to be like what I think it will be, okay? Anyways, your turn." Jeongwoo stared at Haruto who rolled his eyes before closing them to make a wish.

"I wish that everything will be okay soon..." Haruto softly muttered but Jeongwoo clearly heard it which made him confused.

"That's a weird wish, everything's okay with you." Jeongwoo paused, thinking of what Haruto must've wished for. "Wait, don't tell me you're asking the shooting star to fix your annoying attitude!"

Haruto scoffed at the younger. "Excuse you? The audacity to say that in front of me? As you said, you'll never know!"

Jeongwoo just laughed as he laid his eyes on the purple sky once again. "Still, you should've wished for something like that."

"Come here, you brat!" Haruto chased Jeongwoo around the rooftop as if they own the world or as if nothing else can come between them.

If only time stopped at this moment... Maybe things would've gone better for us...

—🍃—
They're still uncertain of his feelings but maybe in the next few chapters, we'll find out who will fall first! Will it be Haruto or Jeongwoo to fall first?

And even if they're love is requited, will it be them in the end?