sixteen: so far away

"Wow, your song is unbelievably— Crazy! I have never heard something like that! Did you already let Haruto listen?" Jaehyuk asked Jeongwoo after hearing Jeongwoo and Haruto's completed songs for his solo album.

Jeongwoo just smiled as he turned off his computer, hanging his head low. "Not yet, he didn't come yesterday."

"He should hear it! It's definitely awesome! He's going to cry if he listens to the world-class Park Jeongwoo singing his composed song!" Junghwan clapped happily as he jumped up and down. "Your title track is amazing too, I didn't know you had the talent to write such a masterpiece!"

Jeongwoo laughed at the younger's remark. "Hey, even if I didn't get help from Haruto, I could still write a masterpiece because I'm Park Jeongwoo."

"You're literally so annoying." Junghwan rolled his eyes as he pulled the chair next to Jeongwoo and sat on it. "By the way, Haruto's song sounds so... I don't know, sad? Just look, the lyrics sound as if he's saying goodbye."

Jaehyuk nodded his head in agreement. "True, I kinda noticed that too. I hope he isn't saying goodbye to you just because the fake dating's over. He was like the only person you ever cared about aside from you and Doyoung."

"It's not like that." Junkyu stood properly after leaning against the wall. "I don't think that's the only way to say goodbye."

Junghwan frowned at the elder, crossing his arms. "What do you know, Hyung? It's not like you're Haruto himself!" He yelled after knowing he was the one who almost ruined Jeongwoo's idol image.

"I may not be him but I do know a lot about Haruto. Jeongwoo must know what this song is for, right?" Junkyu looked at Jeongwoo who avoided his gaze.

Jaehyuk shook his head as he stood between the three. "We shouldn't meddle with the expressions of the song because that lies by the writer's hands. Let's not assume things, okay?"

Jeongwoo then smiled as he carried his bag, about to leave the studio not until Jaehyuk stopped him. "Hyung, I'm about to go somewhere!"

"Where are you going at, huh? Are you going to Haruto and Asahi's place?" Jaehyuk asked with the brightest eyes ever. "If you are, come to my studio and take the lunchbox I made this morning. It's for the three of you, but mostly just Asahi." He added, twirling his feet just by thinking about Asahi.

Junghwan giggled at the elder as he headed for the studio's exit. "Jaehyuk Hyung must be so interested in Asahi Hyung~! Why don't you make out—"

"So Junghwan! You're just 16, How do you know all of that, huh?!" Jaehyuk was about to chase Junghwan but the younger was too fast to leave the room. "Ugh, that kid. Jeongwoo-ah, don't forget to come to my studio before you leave, okay? I'll just teach that kid a lesson." He then waved Jeongwoo and Junkyu goodbye as he dashed through the halls, looking for Junghwan.

Jeongwoo then checked his things and looked at his face in the mirror, hoping that he will look okay in front of Haruto, not like a pathetic person who got rejected.

"Park Jeongwoo..." Junkyu softly muttered which startled him since he thought that Junkyu already left with the other two. "You literally came home crying because you thought you'd be a problem to Haruto and now you're meeting him? Think about him too, sometimes."

Jeongwoo smiled at Junkyu as he tightly held his bag. "I know that. That's why today will be the last day I might hang out with him. Besides, the solo songs are finished so I don't need to fake date him anymore."

Junkyu raised an eyebrow, not expecting that answer. "So you're telling me you'll make him happy and feel good today then ignore him for the rest of your life without even saying goodbye?"