twenty-one: colorfully painted

It's been 2 months since Haruto was confined in the hospital and it basically became his home. Even though there was no way he can live the way he wants to again, he pushes himself and accepts every opportunity to be alive. He wouldn't want to miss a thing, especially his promise to Jeongwoo that he'll be in his showcase.

Haruto looked out on the window next to his bed, holding a cup of warm tea in the morning. It's always been like this and nothing special happens since he ended up here. He really loves to go outside and enjoy since he's an outgoing person but he just can't.

"So, uhm, How do I look?" Jeongwoo asked Haruto who turned his head to look at him entering the room wearing a stage outfit that expresses his album title— A lifetime in spring. "The clothes feel so tight, I don't wanna perform like this. How about I just stay here with you?"

"Jeongwoo! You're using your outfit as an excuse not to go so you can just stay here with me because you're worried, right?" Haruto asked, frowning. "You look good in them and you have to go because you have been waiting for this day! When we first met, you didn't think of anything else aside from your solo. Don't pretend to be so humble, okay?"

Jeongwoo clasped his hands together, admiting that what Haruto said was a fact. "I know, but I don't wanna leave my friend here, you know? What if something happens to you?"

Haruto shook his head as he moved closer to Jeongwoo by the side of his bed. "I'm okay! Nothing will happen to me~!" He exclaimed, flashing a huge smile. "It would really make me happy to see you perform what I wrote and also I want you to enjoy singing your album songs. I'll be here, watching through the screen."

"But I haven't been on stage in a while, I don't know how my fans will feel. They've been waiting for 9 months straight!" Jeongwoo shut his eyes close, trying to ease the nervousness he's feeling.

"It'll be okay, trust me." Haruto held Jeongwoo's hand with his weak and cold one, smiling brightly to him. "Once you're finished with the media showcase, we'll celebrate together, eating sweet and spicy chicken. Just you and I. Besides, it's my brithday too, silly."

Jeongwoo's expression suddenly brightened up, beaming a small smile. "Really...? We'll have a small party in your room, just the two of us?"

Haruto nodded his head, finishing his cup of tea. "Yes! So if you want to celebrate, you have to go up on stage, okay?"

"Mhm! Thank you, Haruto, for being such a good..." Jeongwoo paused, hesitating to say the next word. "...f-friend."

"Wait, before you leave," Haruto tightened his grip on Jeongwoo when he felt like he was trying to let go. "I just want you to know that you shouldn't be nervous. I'm always there for you no matter what happens and I think you should know that I lo—"

"Jeongwoo! It's almost time for the showcase!" Jaehyuk entered the room, swinging his car keys to the air, not realizing that Haruto was just about to say something important to Jeongwoo. "It begins in 30 minutes, there's no time to waste."

Jeongwoo slowly let go of Haruto's hand with a smile as he walked towards Jaehyuk's embrace. "I'll be back, make sure you keep watching the showcase, okay? I won't be out there for long so we can eat together."

Haruto just kept his smile as he held the bed frame, watching Jeongwoo leave the room. "Bye, bye, Jeongwoo~!"

"Yes, Hello, everyone~! Today is not just any other day. A young yet world breaking idol is here to release his solo!" The Media Showcase MC, who goes by the name Hyunsuk, pauses to give fans tension. "This is no other than Treasure J's Park Jeongwoo!"