eleven: ruined friendship

"Jeongwoo Hyung! Jeongwoo Hyung!" Junghwan enters Jeongwoo's studio in where he finds him sitting down and staring deeply next to Haruto who was asleep. "Hyung!"

Jeongwoo immediately laid his eyes on Junghwan as if he didn't do anything just now. "W-what? Why didn't you knock before you entered?"

"It's urgent, okay? I think I know who's the admin of @woonderland!" Junghwan said, taking short breaks between his words to catch up his breath after running from their dorm all the way here.

"Really?" Jeongwoo stood up next to Junghwan and leaned closer to him. "Who is it? Is it Manager Park? Jaehyuk Hyung—"

"Junkyu Hyung!" Junghwan exclaimed, waking Haruto up from his sleep. "When you were calling him, I declined it from his phone then I saw the notification to that user on Twitter!"

Jeongwoo blinked his eyes several times then laughed it off. "Junghwannie! Don't lie~! Junkyu Hyung would never do something like that besides the fact that we aren't even that close."

Junghwan shook his head as he pulled out his phone from his pocket, showing Jeongwoo a photo of Junkyu's phone with the notification. "See? You'll never really know what Junkyu Hyung holds against you!"

Haruto walked over next to them and was shocked to see such a sight. "So... your group member is the one who did all of this? I thought you're all supposed to be friends."

"Is that... for real?" Jeongwoo softly muttered, starting to believe that it's actually Junkyu. "Like, you didn't edit that, right?"

"Of course not! I don't have time for those kinds of stuff!" Junghwan remarked as he leaned closer to them to whisper something. "You know, I've always thought Junkyu Hyung was trying to avoid gatherings with us or he'd always act suspicious about something."

Jeongwoo shook his head as he grabbed his coat, leaving the studio to meet Junkyu.

"Where are you going, Jeongwoo?!" Haruto exclaimed so that Jeongwoo will hear him although he's already making his way to the rooftop. "Jeongwoo!"

Junghwan patted Haruto's shoulder. "It's okay, Jeongwoo Hyung is not the type to cause a conflict between us but if he does fight Junkyu Hyung today... It might be because he likes you."

Haruto raised an eyebrow after hearing such an absurd idea. "Like me, my ass. I don't have time for that plus, I can't promise him a happy ending."

"Junkyu Hyung!" Jeongwoo screamed at the rooftop, finding Junkyu at the side of the rooftop ledge. He walked closer to Junkyu who seemed confused. "Can I have a word with you?"

Junkyu seemed nervous but then he nodded his head as he stood up from the floor. "Okay, go ahead."

"Why did you do it?" Jeongwoo straightforwardly asked so that there will be no time wasted. "I may not be close with you but please tell me why you posted that tweet."

Junkyu scoffed as he looked away from Jeongwoo with his arms crossed together. "So I guess you already know I did it. I have reasons too, Jeongwoo. There's a reason why I did that."

"Exactly, Hyung. I wanna know why you did that. Tell me before I drop the honorifics." Jeongwoo was starting to rage at this point even though Junkyu hasn't said anything yet.

"I couldn't stand seeing you catch feelings for Haruto!" Junkyu exclaimed, about to cry. "Why do you always get everything you want? There's nothing in your life that makes it dull or messy!"

Jeongwoo couldn't understand what he meant but he was for sure going to deny the fact that he likes Haruto. "We're just fake dating, Hyung! I told you that there will be no feelings involved—"

"And yet you broke your own words." Junkyu cut him off, making Jeongwoo know that he has a point. "You like him, I knew it ever since. That's why I posted it so that nothing else happens between you two."

"Why is that? Why do you want nothing to go between us?" Jeongwoo asked Junkyu who rolled his eyes.

"Can't you see I regret leaving him? If you're really close with Haruto by now, he should've told you about his past relationship." Junkyu remarked, making Jeongwoo nod his head while processing things. "The one who left him, it was me."

Jeongwoo gasped as he stared at Junkyu with huge eyes. Since he already fell for Haruto, he couldn't allow anyone to break Haruto's heart just like that, causing him to be anti-romantic. "For real?"

"Yes." Junkyu nodded his head as he stared at Jeongwoo who felt betrayed, angry, and shocked at the same time. "Who would want to be in a relationship with someone like that? He's someone who can't even leave the house—"

"Kim Junkyu!" Jeongwoo shouted, dropping the honorifics. He then walked towards Junkyu and pulled his collar. "You don't know Haruto so shut up—"

"You're the one who doesn't know a lot about him!" Junkyu let go of Jeongwoo's grip from his collar. "Maybe if you get closer to each other and he'll show his weakness, I don't think you'd want to date someone like him."

Jeongwoo scoffed at Junkyu's words. "If you really regret leaving him, you didn't have to insult him in front of my face. I won't let you get back to him." He then stared at Junkyu one last time before he left the rooftop, leaving Junkyu alone.

"Contact me if you lose feelings for him," Junkyu screamed, making Jeongwoo stop from his tracks.

Jeongwoo walked back to Junkyu with a more intimidating vibe. "Then I'll never contact you again."

Junkyu's hand slipped from the rooftop ledge's handrail, not believing Jeongwoo's words. "W-what?"

"I said I'll never contact you again."

Junkyu scoffed, putting his hand on his burning forehead. "How can you say that to your long-time friend who knows you more?"

"Because I can. I can because my love for Haruto is stronger than my love for friends and even stronger than I love myself." 

—🍃—
Wee-woo! This was probably an angsty chapter but if you think this is the story's main problem, you're wrong :D