eight: seaside talk

"Junghwannie! Junghwannie!" Jeongwoo ran towards Junghwan's room and found him reading a webtoon. "Can I ask you something?"

Junghwan looked at him with a disgusted face. "What is it this time?"

Jeongwoo pulled his blazer and brushed his hair through his fingers. "How do I look? Haruto said his ideal type is someone kind yet mature. I'm wearing a suit for the first time in forever."

"You're an ugly person wearing a suit," Junghwan replied bluntly.

"You stupid cow— Aish..." Jeongwoo was about to hit up Junghwan but just like what he said, Haruto's ideal type is a kind person.

Junghwan prepared himself for the slap in the arm but instead, he found Jeongwoo smiling brightly at him. "Why aren't you hitting me yet? Go on, let's end this with a slap!"

"It's okay, How could I hit our little Junghwan? Our Super King Cow Baby?" Jeongwoo laughed, ruffling Junghwan's hair. "Besides, I won't take it seriously since I know you're just joking—"

"Nope! I wasn't joking. I've never been this serious for 16 years of my life." Junghwan cut him off, blinking innocently as if he didn't say anything.

Jeongwoo is supposed to hit him by now but once again, he just smiled and decided to change the topic. "How about my hair? I decided to gel it instead of styling it as a coconut."

"You're an ugly person wearing a suit and gelled hair." Junghwan smiled this time.

"How about my watch? I bought this yesterday so I can use it today. It's really expensive and I think it looks good on me—"

"No," Junghwan shook his head. "You're an ugly person wearing a suit with gelled hair and a knock-off watch."

Jeongwoo hugged Junghwan aggressively and spanked him several times on the butt. "This is not a knock-off watch! How dare you say all those things to me, you Stupid Slave Cow Old Hag!"

Ping!

"Hyung! Hyung!" Junghwan tried getting out of Jeongwoo's grip but eventually failed. "You have a message, couldn't you hear that?"

Jeongwoo then let go of Junghwan and pulled out his phone from his pocket. "We're not yet finished, Junghwan." He muttered under his breath, glaring at the younger. He then opened the message and found a text from Haruto. "Aish, I'm late. I gotta get going now." Jeongwoo waved Junghwan goodbye and left his room.

Junghwan then sat down on his bed to continue reading the webtoon. "Not gonna lie, he does look good today. Now you can see what love can do to you—"

"I don't love Haruto yet! What are you talking about, huh?!" Jeongwoo barged inside Junghwan's room once again.

"So are you telling me you're not gonna like him yet? That means you think you'll like him." Junghwan said with a smirk.

Jeongwoo rolled his eyes and just shut Junghwan's door, not wanting to hear anything more from him.

Junghwan sighed as he laid his eyes on his computer. "...But even if they become a thing, I don't think they're gonna last that long."

"Wow, Haruto, I didn't know you liked sweet and spicy chicken that much. You finished everything." Jeongwoo laughed, staring at the elder wiping his mouth with a tissue.

Haruto laughed as well. "Of course, this is my favorite food. If you make me choose between cola and this, I'll definitely choose this one instead!"

"Then you should come over to my studio sometimes and eat my version of sweet and spicy chicken while listening to my solo," Jeongwoo added, drinking water after finishing his peanut butter streusel bread.

"Should I? You better not disappoint me with what you have made so far." Haruto remarked, standing up from his seat and looking at the window next to him. "Wow, Jeongwoo! Can we go to the seaside and talk there instead?"

Jeongwoo stood up from his seat and held Haruto's hand. "That's the reason we came here, didn't we?"

"Oh yeah, right. Sorry, I'm forgetful." Haruto then clutched his bag and ran all the way to the seaside until he was across Jeongwoo with the restaurant's window between them. "What are you waiting for? Come here!" He screamed for Jeongwoo to hear him.

"I'll be coming!" Jeongwoo walked slowly towards the exit of the restaurant and mumbled something to himself. "I guess falling in love once again won't cause me any pain like before, right?"

Haruto tilted his head as he saw Jeongwoo's lips moving as if he was talking to him. "What is that, Jeongwoo? Did you say something?"

"What? No, I didn't." Jeongwoo replied as he sat next to Haruto on the sand while watching the moon's reflection on the beach.

"I asked some of my friends who have relationships to tell me what other places couples go to and they said nothing is better than going to a beach while watching the waves approach both of you." Haruto smiled. "I find it cute, to be honest. The moon is watching me as if every moment stopped."

Jeongwoo drew different things on the sand while thinking of something to talk about. "Ah, right. Didn't you say your dream is to write a song?"

Haruto's eyes widened then he nodded his head several times. "Yes, yes! I've been planning to find a company who will hire me as a producer but I don't think I have much time—"

"You can write my solo album's b-side." Jeongwoo smiled at him. "This doesn't mean I like you, okay? You get money by doing it as well."

"Really? I'd do it for free! It's been my dream ever since I was a child but you know, I got busy with myself and forgot about my dreams." Haruto took some seawater and splashed it onto Jeongwoo's face. "Thank you, Jeongwoo!"

Jeongwoo frowned as he wiped off the water from his face. "I know you're thankful but did you really have to splash water on my face, you brat?"

Haruto laughed as he stood up from the sand. "Are you mad? Come and chase me then!" He started running around the beach and waited for Jeongwoo to catch him.

"Oh, I'll really catch you right now, wait for it you fat ass pig!" Jeongwoo stood up as well and chased Haruto around the beach while the moon shined its brightest on them.

It was just like the time they were on the rooftop, but at least... they feel closer to each other this time.

—🍃—In my opinion, the previous chapter was boring so I made a double update for today!

—🍃—
In my opinion, the previous chapter was boring so I made a double update for today!

They're sailing, I guess? We haven't gone to the climax of the storyline yet so don't think the au is too basic!!