Chapter 25

"You don't look well today." Rana asked when she saw Viola coming in for work. "Did you have a fight with Mr. Oliver?"

Viola was surprised at her employer's question. "How do you..."

Rana laughed. "I recognized the bouquet you brought home yesterday. He said it was for his wife."

Viola's cheeks flushed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"Why? It's not like you have to." The 48-year-old florist patted Viola's head. "I guess the Winter Luna story was just another marketing scam." She laughed.

"It's my fault." Viola muttered.

The entrance bell rang and a customer came in.

"I'll take care of that." Viola smiled and went to greet the customer. Watching Viola's lonely back, Rana scratched her head and went back to the storage room.

Tom came to drive Viola back home after work. Viola quickly learned that Leon was not in the car.

"Where is Leon?" Viola asked.

"Mr. Oliver still have some work to do in the office. He had instructed me to drive you home, Madam." Tom explained.

She did not say anything. Leon clearly was avoiding her. He was still angry with her. She got into the car and went home with Tom, feeling lonelier than ever.

A week passed by without Leon and Viola speaking to each other. Tom would drive Viola to and from the florist every day while Leon spent most of his time in his office.

"Is it alright for you to be following me? Won't Leon need you?" Viola asked.

"Mr. Oliver had asked me to accompany you for the time being." Tom replied while driving her home one day. He glanced at Viola from the rear-view mirror. "But...

"Yes?"

"I don't mean to interfere with Mr. Oliver's private matter but please talk to him. I'm afraid he has not been taking care of himself lately. Mir Islands Project has just started and I know things are busy but I'm quite concerned with his health. He has only been taking short naps between works these few days."

"I don't know if he will listen to me."

"You are his wife, Madam. He will listen to you!" Tom encouraged her and gave Viola a thumbs up through the mirror.

"I'll try." Viola smiled weakly.

Viola estimated the time Leon finished showering in his room and went upstairs to see him. She knocked at the door, out of habit.

"Come in." Leon's voice was heard from behind the door.

Viola walked in slowly. "Good evening..."

Leon looked up from his desk and saw her. He turned his eyes down back to the paper in front of him. "What is it?"

"It's about tomorrow..." Viola carefully threaded her words. "We promise to go to your father's place."

"What about it?" Leon's eyes were still on the documents.

"Do you want to go... together?"

Viola waited but Leon did not answer.

"It... it's fine if you are busy. I can go there by myself after work." Viola gave a hollow laugh.

"I'll ask Tom to send you there if I cannot make it in time." Leon replied.

"Oh... I see... Umm... that's all."

"Why are you still wearing such thin clothes? You are going to catch..." Leon continued but Viola had already left his room.

***

"You are meeting Ian Oliver today?" Rana asked as she took out the flower pots outside with Viola.

Viola nodded. "I haven't seen him and my dad since the wedding." She adjusted a crooked tag.

The day passed by quickly with many orders and deliveries coming in and out. It was almost five in the evening when everything finally slowed down. Rana shoved Viola a beautiful bouquet of purple and white flowers.

"Here, at least bring something to see your in-law."

Viola looked at the flowers. "Oh... but the money..."

Rana waved her hand. "Just take it. Remember to tell Ian, it's from me." She winked at Viola. Viola laughed and thanked her.

"I'll go out and take the flowers in." Viola ran outside to prepare for the closing.

"Let's stop now." Leon told his subordinates who were giving a presentation about their construction plan.

"Is there something wrong, Sir?" One of the managers asked.

"I have something to do later. Fix the few things I mentioned before our next meeting." Leon left the room. Tom followed him from behind.

"Are we going to fetch Madam and go to the Chairman's house now, Sir?" Tom asked in excitement.

Leon ignored him. "Prepare the car."

"Yes, Sir!"

Leon stepped outside and his eyes automatically searched for Viola across the building. He found Viola was still in her working outfit, carrying multiple pots in her arms. She seemed to enjoy her work. Leon thought she looked lovely with her hair tied up into a ponytail. The green florist apron looked good on her too.

His warm thought was interrupted when he noticed three suspicious-looking men walked towards the florist. When they were in front of the shop, one of the men called Viola. Viola's face turned pale as she was talking. She tried to escape but before she could, the man grabbed her arm and Viola dropped the ceramic pots to the floor causing a loud crashing.

"Who... who are you?" Viola muttered. Her voice was shaking.

Viola's bodyguards came running and pushed the men away from her. The three men fought back. They were trained fighters. The bodyguards had a hard time holding them off. "Run, Madam!"

"Viola! Come here!" Rana, who came out after hearing the commotion, grabbed Viola's arm.

Things were happening so fast. Viola was reminded again about the incident in Mir. She could not move her legs.

Leon who watched from across the street shouted. "Viola!!"

Viola snapped back when she heard the familiar voice calling her. She saw Leon jumped through the pedestrian barriers and ran towards her.

Halfway through the main street, Leon felt his head hurt as if he was hit by a hammer. He fell to the ground and before he lost consciousness, he remembered seeing a bright blinding light coming towards him and hearing Viola screaming his name.