Chapter 63

"This is your fault! You idiot." Viola grumbled. "How can you just blurt it out like that?" They were seating inside the plane, waiting for it to take off.

"Are they really that bad that you have to cover yourself like this? Let me see..." Leon touched her neck, faking his concern.

"Go away, you beast!" Viola slapped his hands. Leon laughed.

This morning, she panicked when she found multiple red marks on her skin all over her body, forcing her to ask Nora to lend her clothes that could cover them – and inevitably, tell her the embarrassing story behind. Nora, though pitied her, was clearly delighted with the story.

"You are lucky that Bellfield is a cold country." Leon said as he flipped through a magazine.

Viola ignored him. She turned her face away and closed her eyes.

Leon pulled the blanket over her and smiled. "Sleep tight."

***

It was late in the afternoon when they arrived at Bellfield the next day. Leon left with Tom the minute the plane touched down while Viola left with her private chauffeur back to Oliver mansion.

"Madam? You are back? Alone??" Aria exclaimed as she rushed to open the door for Viola.

"Thank you, Aria. Yeah, the trip is cut short." Viola replied softly.

"Oh, hello, Nadia." Viola called Nadia when she saw her coming out of the kitchen.

Nadia was surprised when she saw her. "Madam? You are back??"

"Yeah, I think something came up at the office and Leon needs to..."

"He WHAT?? Oh... I can't... Young master is just too much... How can he do this to you?" Nadia took Viola's hands. "Just when I thought he has changed... taking you out for a trip and all that..."

"It can't be helped, Nadia. Leon holds a heavy responsibility over his shoulders." And more so after that failed Mir Project...

"Madam..." Nadia sighed. "Let's get you a warm bath. You must be tired after a long journey."

Viola nodded. "Thank you, Nadia."

Both Aria and Maria followed her from behind while Nadia went to the living room and dialed Tom's number. If she could not get angry at Leon for choosing his work over his wife, then she would let her anger out on that poor assistant for causing it.

***

It was past midnight when Leon entered his room back in the mansion. He took off his suit and walked into the bedroom. The room was dim but he could see Viola sleeping on the bed. He sat by her side and smiled contently. "I'm home."

"Leon...?" Viola rubbed her eyes. "You are back?"

"Sorry. Did I wake you up?" He touched her face.

Viola shook her head. "It's alright." She got up and glanced at the clock on the side table. "It's late. Have you had your dinner? The maids have gone to rest but I can prepare..."

"Don't worry. I've had my dinner. I was forced to eat while listening to Nadia's long lecture just now." Leon told her with a tired face.

Viola giggled. "Serves you right."

He stretched out his arms and hugged her. "I'm sorry. Things like this may happen again in the future but I'll try to make it up in another way."

Viola nodded.

"I'll be busy from now."

Viola nodded again. "You always are."

"The project just started and we need to be extremely careful this time. We don't want it to get suspended again after what we all have been through, do we?"

Viola looked up and saw Leon waiting for her reaction. "Do you mean..."

"The Mir Islands Project is taking up again. We've just received the OK today." Leon smiled broadly.

Viola's eyes were tearing up. "Is it true? You are not lying?"

Leon nodded.

Viola's lips trembled. She tried to suppress her emotions but could not. She pushed him down and broke down in tears. "Thank goodness! I'm so happy, Leon!"

"I know. Me too." He stroked her hair and let her tears wet his shirt. His eyes felt heavy after a packed day. He closed his eyes and soon fell asleep.