Chapter 37

"It's late. Just stay here for the night." Ian said after their dinner together. "I'll ask Lawrence to prepare your room." Lawrence was the house's head attendant.

Leon did not say anything. He just sipped his tea silently.

"Your room was still as it is... no, we should get bigger room for you and Viola." Ian clasped his hands together and went on to call Lawrence.

"Oh, you don't have to... Mr. Oliver. My father's room is big enough. I can just... sleep somewhere." Viola tried to convince her father-in-law.

Ian frowned. "First, stop calling me Mr. Oliver, Viola. You are my daughter now. You can call me papa..."

George, who was sitting beside Ian, spit out his tea. He could not hold his laughter.

"What's so funny, George?" Ian asked with a menacing stare.

"I am sorry. I just thought I will feel weird hearing my daughter calling someone else papa." George replied.

"What do you mean your daughter? She is now MY daughter too. Isn't it so, Leon?"

"I don't care."

"You, ungrateful son." Ian scowled.

Viola tried to ease the situation. "Ummm... can I call you Dad instead?"

Ian turned back to Viola. His eyes were teary. "Of course. Of course."

"Okay, Dad." Viola smiled at him.

"Daughters are the best." Ian winked at her.

Leon watched them and shook his head.

"Right, back to the topic." Ian let out a small cough.

"Remember Viola, you are Leon's wife, the daughter-in-law of our family. You are the only lady in our house and ladies, deserve only the best thing. You are not allowed to just... sleep somewhere." Ian looked at Viola warmly. He wanted her to feel welcomed into his family. He had heard reports from Nadia how Viola had difficulties to adjust to her new life as the young mistress of the Oliver family.

"I... I mean, it's just for today... I am really okay with..." Viola tried to explain.

"Right, while we are at it, maybe we should renovate the right wing of the house, we could add..." Ian continued, completely ignoring his dinner companions' objecting look.

"You need not to do such thing, Dad." Leon got up from his seat. "We will go back to our house tomorrow. Let's go." He took Viola's hand.

"Where are we going?" Viola asked.

"Sleep. In my room." Leon replied.

"But where..." Ian tried to protest.

"My bed is big enough for us." Leon cut his father's sentence.

"Ah, I heard you are trying for twins?" Ian suddenly remembered. His eyes were twinkling.

Viola eyes widened. Wait, what?

"I want three." Leon replied shortly.

"You want triplets? That's even better! Come to think about it, your great aunt was a triplet..." Ian tried to remember a deceased aunt. "Babies are cute. I don't mind. The more the merrier."

"Wait, what are you guys..." Viola interrupted. How did the conversation go off topic like this?

"Let's go." Leon pulled her hand.

"Wait!!! Dad!!" Viola cried for help.

"Good luck with the triplets." Ian waved at them as they were leaving.

Looking at her confused daughter being dragged away, George laughed his tears out.

"What the hell did you tell your father?" Viola interrogated Leon as they were inside his old bedroom. She noticed that Leon's one-person 'bedroom' here was even bigger than their room back in Leon's mansion.

"You don't want to have children with me?" Leon asked as he unbuttoned the top most button of his shirt.

"Wha... what??? How can you just..."

"We are married and I think it's natural to have children, no?" Leon tilted his head and stared at Viola.

What is this guy thinking? He wants children now? With me??

"Are you serious? I know we are married but I don't think we should have children just because we are married. What if someday, we find someone we love and then..."

Leon looked at her, bewildered.

"What do you mean find someone we love?"

Viola bit her lip. She did not want to say it but... "I mean... if one day Lady Sarah returns and..."

"Sarah? What has she got to do with us?" Leon raised his eyebrows.

"I... I don't know." She twisted her fingers. "I just thought, if one day she returns and you want to be with her...."

"I don't think she is returning anytime soon." Leon pondered.

Clutching her dress, Viola looked at Leon with her big green eyes. "I... I am saying that I don't want to have children with you while you are still thinking of her!"

Viola gasped. She did not know what she had just said. Leon was equally dumbfounded. Her face turned red. She quickly looked away. "I... I mean it will be awkward for the children. I don't think... it's wise... urmm... I don't know..." Viola could not stop rambling.

Leon pulled her hand with a little force and she fell into his embrace.

He lowered his head and pressed his lips on her shoulder. "What should I do with you?" His lips movement on her shoulder sent a wave of electric shock in her body.

"Do... don't talk with your mouth on my shoulder!!" Viola cried.

Leon chuckled. His warm breath on her neck made her heart beat even wilder. She was going crazy. "Let me go!!"

Leon let her go and smiled at her triumphantly. Viola glared at him while covering her neck with her hand. She looked like an angry cat, Leon thought.

Leon pinched both her cheeks.

"What are you doing?" Viola snapped. Her already flushing red cheeks were even redder now.

"You are cute when you are jealous. Can I kiss you?" Leon smiled cheekily.

"Wha... what?! Who is...! Go away!" Viola's heart rate skyrocketed.

Leon shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe next time." He walked away, into the main bedroom.

"There is no next time, you idiot!!" Viola screamed at him. Her hand was still clutching her dress. She was scared. It was as if Leon had seen through her deepest embarrassing thoughts.