Chapter 64

When Leon woke up the next day, it was already late in the morning. Viola was nowhere to be seen. He sluggishly got off the bed. He realized he was still wearing his working shirt from yesterday. I must have fallen asleep unknowingly. He went to bathroom to clean himself and came out looking fresh in no time. Just as he was buttoning the last button on his sleeve, he heard someone came into the room.

"Leon? You are awake?" Viola walked into the room carrying breakfast. "I was just about to wake you up."

"Good morning." Leon smiled at her. She looked more cheerful than usual, he thought.

"I'll set the table for you there. Come when you are done." She pointed to the dining space in the room with her head.

Leon nodded. "Thank you."

Leon sat down and drank his coffee. Viola piled his plate with eggs, bread, salad and shoved a glass of milk to him. "Eat more."

"You are finally acting like a real wife." Leon laughed.

Viola blushed. "I'm just worried about your health, okay? What if you pass out again suddenly?"

"Alright." Leon took a bite of the food. He should really come clean with her someday.

"Your father called just now." Viola said as she munched her bread.

"What does he want?"

"We still owe him a lunch."

"Right. I forgot about that." Leon remembered the phone call from weeks ago.

"He said he is coming today." Viola added.

Leon almost choked on his food. "He is coming... where?"

"Here. Our house. I think he is on his way already." Viola passed him a glass of water.

Leon gulped down the water. He wondered why his father suddenly come to visit them.

***

"Viola~~!" Ian called his daughter-in-law lovingly when he saw her coming down from the staircase.

"Hello, Dad. How are you doing?" Viola ran down the stairs to greet him. On the last few steps, she almost tripped.

Ian was horrified. "Careful!"

Leon, who was walking behind Viola, grabbed her arm in time. "Watch where you walk."

"Are you alright? You need to take good care of your body." Ian looked worried. Viola assured him it was no big deal.

"Why are you here today?" Leon asked bluntly.

Leon frowned. "You are always like that since you are young. You never tell me anything. It is always me that have to find out what's going on."

Leon did not understand what his father was referring to. It's definitely not about Mir Islands Project. His father is still the Chairman of Uni Infinitus. If anything, he will be one of the first few to know about the news of the progress. Is this about Sarah harassing Viola? Their trip to Mir? Leon had no idea at all.

"What are you talking about?" Leon finally asked.

Suddenly, Maria came running in. "Madam, where should we put all these things??"

"Things...?" Viola asked.

Maria's eyes were twinkling. "Come and see! Master Ian brought a lot of gifts!"

Viola turned to her father-in-law, seeking answer. Ian smiled and told her to follow the young maid. Leon had a bad feeling. "What are you planning?" He asked.

Ian hummed a happy tune and walked towards the living room. His son followed him from behind.

They had just seated themselves in the living room when Viola came in. Her face flushed red.

"Dad! What are those??" She asked. Her expression was a mixed of shock and awkward.

"Do you like them, my dear?" Ian asked. He was hoping for a more... touching reaction but for the moment, that was not important.

"What is it?" Leon asked. And then he saw a few men passed through the hall carrying a big wooden box. He recognized the uniform. Delivery service men. He turned to Ian. "What are they doing here? No, why are they going to my room?"

"Oh, they offered me their service. It was quite heavy, made out of mahogany, I think? Beautiful piece and..."

"What is it exactly?" Leon cut his father and turned to Viola for answer.

Viola averted her eyes. Her cheeks were hot. "... crib." She murmured, almost inaudible.

"Huh?" Leon asked again.

"It's a baby crib!" Ian said happily.

More people passed through the hall. They were carrying paper bags and gift boxes in pastel tone. Leon stood there stunned. "What?"