Chapter 68 - End

Inside, Nora and Walter were trying to calm down a crying boy while Viola apologized to them.

"What happened?" Leon asked as he stepped inside.

"Seara hit Asia because she saw him reading her book." Viola explained. "You can't just hit people like that. Say sorry to him now, Seara." She reprimanded her daughter. Her tone was firm. Seara began to cry too.

"It's alright, Viola. Kids fight all the time." Nora patted her son's head.

"Aren't you going to say sorry?" Viola asked her daughter again.

"Mommy..." Seara was wailing. Ian walked in and picked her up. "It's alright, my baby. Don't cry. Grandpa will say sorry in your place, okay?" He wiped her tears and patted her little back.

"But, Dad!" Viola protested.

"It's okay. Leave the kids to me, Viola. You are still exhausted." Her father-in-law smiled tenderly at her. "I'll come back after she calms down." He walked out carrying crying Seara in his arm.

Leon shook his head. "Dad spoils her and the little devil knows it."

Viola sighed. She turned to the door and noticed her dad looking at Asia.

George took out a book from the paper bag he was carrying and gave it to the crying boy. "For you."

Nora and Walter could not believe their eyes. Asia just stared at the stranger in front of him.

George crouched down so he was on the same eye level as Asia. "I'm sorry about Seara. Are you okay?" He asked and patted his head. The boy nodded. Tears were still rolling down his face.

"I bought this book for her but since she is naughty, I am giving this to you instead." George said. He was smiling. Asia nodded and took the book. "Thank you..."

"Uh.. oh.. Mr. Ernest. It's really alright." Nora felt bad.

George got up and walked to his daughter. "Your hands will be full with the twins now." He smiled while looking at the twins. "I'm going out for a bit to see if Ian needs any help." He laughed and left the room.

After George left, the room fell silent.

"Sorry..." Walter apologized. "We kinda ruined the atmosphere."

Viola shook her head. "I just hope you can understand and give him more time."

"I don't blame him or anything. It's a given he still... hates us." Walter looked at his son who had since stopped crying and was flipping his new book happily.

"We should get going now. See you later, Viola, Leon." Nora got up and grabbed her bag. Walter picked up his son and walked to the door. Viola waved at them and the three of them left the room.

When the door closed, Leon heaved a sigh of relief. "I thought they would start screaming at each other just now."

Viola laughed. "And I can't believe Dad gave a present to Asia!"

"That boy..." Leon pondered. "He has beautiful eyes."

Viola sneered at him. "You have an unhealthy obsession with our eyes, Leon. Psycho."

Leon bent his head and kissed his wife. "Only yours."

"Too bad your genes run strong in our children. Three of them have dark brown eyes like you." Viola poked the twins' cheeks lightly.

Leon leaned over and stroked their cheeks. "Now, what should we call them?"

***

6 weeks later.

"Are your nervous?" Leon asked Viola. She could hear the crowds behind the door. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"It will be over in a blink of an eye. You are the appointed chairperson of this new venture so you have to be here." He smiled. Viola frowned at her husband. She knew he was enjoying this.

"Where are Seara and the twins?" He asked.

"They are with Aria and Maria. Nadia came to help too!" The 70-year-old maid had retired a few years earlier but when the twins arrived, to Viola's relief, she offered to come back to take care of them knowing Viola would be busy in her new role.

Right after Mir Islands Project was recommenced, Viola had gone back to her old work and helped establishing the relation between Mir and Bellfield marine researchers and scientists.

"This reminds me of our wedding. We waited like this too." He held her trembling hand, just like before.

Viola blushed. "Every time I think about it, it seems that both of us must be crazy to get married just like that."

Leon looked at his wife lovingly. Her big green emerald eyes that captured his heart the moment he saw them. "Should we give the children another sibling? Maybe this time the baby will have green eyes."

Viola hit his arm. "Don't start again. Your wish is to have three children and I've granted it. Amara and Eli are only 6-week-old and now you want another child???"

"I see nothing wrong? Not that I can't afford them."

"The one giving birth is me, you idiot." Viola hit him again.

He pulled her closer. "I'm joking. I'm happy now."

"You better are." Viola pursed her lips and hugged him.

[Ladies and gentlemen! ]

Tom was announcing their entrance outside. They released themselves from each other's embrace as soon as they heard the announcement. It's time.

[Please welcome the President of Uni Infinitus, Mr. Leonard Oliver and Head of SEA Jewels Conservation Center, Mrs. Viola Oliver!]

They could hear the crowd's loud cheers. The double door slowly opened and Viola could see the coming light from the sun and felt the warm breeze blowing from the sea under the clear blue sky in Mir.

"Viola." Leon called her name softly.

Viola turned her head and asked. "What?"

"I love you." He smiled and pressed his lips on hers in front of the guests and the crowd cheered again.

Fin.