Chapter 60

"It has only been a month but he is certainly growing!" Viola could not hide her excitement but tried to keep her voice low as the baby was sleeping. "What is his name? Have you thought about it?"

Nora smiled like a proud mother. "It's Asia. Asia Aran."

"Baby Asia." Viola repeated. "That's beautiful."

Nora called for her babysitter. "Can you help me looking after him for a while?"

The babysitter nodded. "Yes, Madam." She carefully took Asia from his mother's arms and placed him on hers. She disappeared into the baby's room soon after.

Viola looked around the living room she was in. Her father might have been jailed and his wealth confiscated, but Nora Tellsa was still living comfortably as ever. She had never relied on her father to begin with. She was already a successful businesswoman long before her father was elected as a governor. Walter decided to move in to her house when they got back from Bellfield after the kidnapping incident.

"Where is Walter?" Viola asked as she sipped her tea.

"I think he is with your husband. I saw them talking in the garden just now." Nora replied while munching on a cupcake.

Suddenly, they heard a cry from the baby room.

"Ah, it's Asia. I think he has woken up." Nora cleaned her hand with a paper towel and got up from her seat.

"Nora? Can you come here for a sec?" Walter called from the kitchen.

"Oh, but..."

"I can check on Asia for you. Don't worry." Viola offered.

Nora was relieved. "Oh. This is a good opportunity. Treat this as a prep lesson." She winked at Viola and quickly ran off to Walter. Viola's cheeks turned pink. She smiled and walked to the crying baby.

***

"So you found out?" Nora pursed her lips.

Leon did not answer. He continued to watch Nora, who was grinning ear to ear and the slightly flustered Walter.

"It's as you said. I helped out a bit." Nora played with her red hair. "Well, actually not for you but your wife. She looked lost when I found her back here last time." Her gaze moved to the baby room.

"It wasn't much really. I just gave a little push to a few people I know." She added.

"Why?" Leon asked.

Nora smiled. A tender smile. "I may look like this but I actually still feel guilty about the past, you know? I just want to make up for what I did to her, little by little."

Leon crossed his arms and leaned his back on the counter.

"My family ruined her life. Viola knew nothing but was forced into this mess. She lost her mother, home, and... almost her life." Her voice was choked with emotion. "And my baby... he might not even survive if she didn't save me back then." Tears are now flowing from her eyes. The same green eyes as Viola's but strange enough, Leon did not feel anything when he saw her crying.

"Nora..." Walter who stood beside Nora, put an arm around her.

"And you stole her fiancé too." Leon said.

Nora wiped her tears. "I am the worst, I know. Sleeping with someone without knowing he was engaged. I don't deserve her kindness." Walter's face was red. "That was my fault. Sorry."

"Fine by me." Leon shrugged his shoulders. "I would not have met her if not for your infidelity."

Walter wanted to argue but he knew he could not win. He swallowed down his pride and apologized again. "Thank you, Leon. I hope... you can make her happy."

"I certainly can do better than you." Leon glared at him.

Nora and Walter looked at each other and smiled.

"Whatever. I just came here to confirm what my assistant told me this morning." Leon turned his back to them and about to return to the living room to join Viola. "Thank you anyway." He stopped.

"Viola... she has been blaming herself ever since. I'm sure she will be happy when she learns about this. For that, you have my gratitude." And he walked out.

Both Nora and Walter smiled and hugged each other. After all that happened, they were glad that Viola could finally be happy with a man that truly loved her.

Viola was holding Asia when Leon joined her.

"We should make a baby soon so you can play with one." Leon said while watching Viola caressing the baby's face.

Viola looked at him with distasteful eyes. "Like I've told you before – Please stop with that way of talking. You make them sound like inhuman objects." She protested. "Where did you go just now?"

"About that..."

"What?"

"I'm really sorry to say this but... it looks like we have to cut short our trip."

Her expression changed. "Is there... something wrong?"

"Work called in. Nothing bad happened so don't worry."

"Ooh..."

He patted her head. "I'm really sorry, okay? I'll make up for this."

Viola shook head. "It's alright."

"We are leaving tomorrow evening. Let's meet your father before that."

Viola's eyes brightened up. She nodded.