Chapter 56

"That was... a lie?" Viola asked in disbelief.

Leon scratched his eyebrow. "Yeah..."

Ian did call his son but it was to invite the couple to his house for lunch after he learned the happy news that Viola had returned to the house. He did not know anything about Sarah coming to Leon's place and splashing tea on his daughter-in-law.

Viola's legs weakened. "How can you do this? I thought... I thought your father...."

Leon brought her to the sofa. "What? Do you think my father will still sit in his house if he knew what Sarah did to you just now?" Well, not that his father would do anything to Sarah. She was a woman after all. That would be against his father's principle if he hurt her in any way.

Viola glared at Leon. She pushed his hands away. "Leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you now." She was angry at him. He had made her show her ugly side and say the most embarrassing things. She did not have the face to look at him.

"I'm sorry, alright? Don't be angry anymore." Leon attempted to stroke her hair but was met with a slap on his hand. He winced. It looked like his wife was really angry at him.

"I was just a little annoyed at you. You tried to push me to Sarah when you left last time and you said it was for my own good?" Leon crossed his arm.

"That's because I thought it was the best choice! You don't seem to mind whom you are married to. I thought if anyone is fine... and... Lady Sarah is an important friend..." Viola twisted her fingers.

"You think I am a calculating, heartless man." Leon frowned. "That I will leave my wife when someone like Sarah comes by?"

"No! I just don't want to be in your way!"

"But you made me feel so." Leon smiled but his eyes were sad. "You easily gave me away to others."

"I..." Viola could not answer him. She did not mean to make him feel that way. She lowered her head, trying to find the right word. In the end, "I'm sorry." was the only thing that came through her lips.

Leon could see Viola was wrapped in guilt. He lifted her face and looked into her eyes – her physical feature that he adored the most.

"I told you I was just a little annoyed." He paused and then smiled as if remembering something funny. "Because I've seen enough proofs that it is not true."

Viola's cheeks turned red. She grabbed the nearest cushion and threw it at Leon. He blocked it with his arm and held the cushion to his chest. "Are you still angry with me?" He asked.

Viola got up from her seat. Her back was facing Leon but he could still see a part of her blushing face.

"Forget it."

"What?"

Viola turned to face him but her eyes were looking somewhere else. "Forget whatever I said today."

Oh... Leon grinned. "And why should I?"

"We... we'll call it even. Whatever happened today, I'll forget about it too." Viola was still not looking at Leon.

"No." Leon promptly replied.

"Wha... why?" She finally looked at him.

Leon got up too. "First, I simply don't know how to." He caressed her face and then pinched her cheek. "Second, I don't know when I can see you being possessive about me again." The corner of his lips moved upward.

Viola was appalled. "Po... possessive??? I'm not!!!"

"Or is it jealousy? I'm okay either way." He put his arms around her and pulled her closer.

"I'm not!! What are you trying to do? Let me go!!"

"Let me tell you a way." He smiled sneakily. "Try giving me a long, passionate kiss. So passionate that it makes me forget everything that happened today."

"Wha... what?? Are you crazy??"

"Should I show you how?" Leon offered.

"No! You psycho!!!"

His hand touched her face again.

"But I want to. I want you to forget everything she said." Leon said softly. There was sorrow reflected in his eyes. Viola hated this. He always knew how to make her feel bad for him.

"It's not your fault..." Viola murmured. She pressed her forehead against his chest.

"Look here."

"What?" She turned to him.

"I love you."

Viola was startled by Leon's sudden confession. What?

Leon kissed her forehead. "I wish I can make you mine now." He smiled sneakily.

"What????!!!!" Viola shouted in embarrassment. Her face was red hot.

Leon laughed. "For now, I'll settle with this." He pulled her in and kissed her on the lips. Viola was startled but soon closed her eyes and returned the kiss.

"I love you too, Leon."

And both continued to kiss each other, ignoring all the bad things that happened just before, unaware of the passing time.

Outside their room, there was Tom, standing and waiting for the right time to enter the room and take the documents he was asked to without disturbing the two lovebirds.