Chapter 3: Tigers & Sharks

Yuna's POV

It's been five days since Chaeryeong unnie left. I've been spending most of the time at the balcony where she gave her ring.

"Miss Yuna! Lunch is serve!" Somi unnie called.

"Spending time in the balcony again, Miss Shin?" I nodded in response.

"I just miss her, unnie" I pouted.

We stared at the garden view for awhile. Until we heard a knock on the door, It was mom.

"Yuna, we have something to give to you" Mom said then closed the door behind her.

"What is it mom?" I curiously asked.

"Promise me, you would take care of it, give this to someone who captures your heart" She took out her hand behind her back. It's a Emerald Ring!

"Woahh~ you're giving it to me?" I asked looking like a excited puppy.

"Yes dear remember what i said?" She asked as she handed me the ring.

"That I'll give this to someone who captures my heart" I smiled but quickly thought.

"Mom, I promise Chaeryeong unnie that i won't take off the ring she gave me" I pouted.

"Then just keep the ring i gave you, until you'll give it to someone" She said.

"Okay~ I'll keep it" I smiled happily looking at the ring. It's shiny as well!

"I see your mother gave a Emerald ring" I heard Somi unnie said.

"It's pretty but I won't break my promise to Chaeryeong unnie" She patted my head.

"Hey how's your cousin, Miss Yuna?" She asked.

"Oh~You mean Ryujin unnie? Mom and Dad said she's in the States" I exclaimed, first Ryujin unnie left now Chaer unnie.

"Yuna, your cousin is calling!" Mom shouted.

"Coming!" I said then ran downstairs.

CELLPHONE:

Ryujin unnie!

Hey Yuna!
I called to tell you I'm going back to Seoul!

REALLY?? YAY!!

Easy there,
Baby Couz i still wanna hear!🤣

Hey! I'm not a baby! 🥺

Yeah you are still a baby,
Anyway I'm coming next week?

Are you going to stay here?
For good?

Yes, did Aunt and Uncle told you?

About what unnie?

That my parents died

Ryujin's POV

Yes, they died because other mafia group attacked us. I don't know how or who attacked us but thing for sure, i hate my parents. They always made me feel that a burden, ashamed that I'm born into this world.

CELLPHONE:

Sorry unnie

It's okay, yuna
I better go
See you next week?

See you next week unnie!

END CALLED

She's still a baby, I chuckled then sighed at least my cousin is safe. I am now free from my horrible parents who would verbally abuse me, even somtimes physically hurting me. The only time i feel safe in the house is when the Head of the Body Guards, Mr.Jeon who has been like a father figure to me at an early age is here. He also has a daughter Somi who is born a few years older than me.