Chapter 1: Childhood

Yuna's POV

I was playing outside of my house in the grass. When I saw a little girl next door, who looks like their family is new around here. I stand up to see her.

"Hii!" I waved happily at the girl.

She smiled then waved back. She looked at her mom and whispered something. I tilted my head wondering what it is. The next thing i know she started approaching me.

"Hello! I'm Lee Chaeryeong" she politely introduced herself.

I smiled, "Hii! I'm Shin Yuna!"

"Can i play with you, Yuna?" She asked shyly.

"Yes!" I cheerfully said.

Ever since then me and chaeryeong unnie has been best friends. She would play with me everyday. My parents aren't always at home, that's why she can come over anytime. We always have fun from playing tags, hide n seek and running around for fun.

She's also older than me. I'm 7 years old while chaeryeong unnie is 10. She's protective of me, i don't mind her being like that. I like how she's being protective of me making sure I'm safe from anything.

"Yah~Yuna im gonna catch you!" Chaeryeong said while running behind me.

"You'll never catch me unnie!" I said while we're running around in circle.

I accidentally tripped myself causing me to fall but luckily chaeryeong unnie catched me.

She looked at me, "Yah~Yuna-yah should be careful, okay?"

I nodded.

"Miss Yuna your parents are arriving soon" Somi unnie told us, she's my personal maid.

"Oh oki thank you" i said sadly to Somi unnie.

She bowed and leaves us alone. Chaeryeong unnie gently puts me down.

"Guess is time for me to go home yuna, see you tomorrow?" She said while brushing my hair with her fingertips.

I pouted, "aww i wanted us to play more"

"We still can play tomorrow? Just like any other day" she said then hugged me from behind.

"How about you meet mom and dad first, unnie~" i said while pouting.

"Yuna, are you sure is okay?" She said in a worried tone.

"Yes!" I said in excitedly jumping and down.

"Yuna~ careful ah" she said reminding on what happen few mins ago.

"Yuna! Where is my little princess!" I heard my father calling from inside the house.

"Coming!" I shouted then dragging chaeryeong inside.

I greeted my parents and introduced chaeryeong unnie to them.

"Ahh chaeryeong ah have you eaten?" My mother politely asked.

"Ah its okay Ma'am i was about to go home" she said shyly

"Oh don't be shy, you can eat here for dinner as well" my mother offered

"So you're a lee huh?" My father coldy said opening the newspaper sitting in the dinning room.

"Ah yes sir" she bowed.

"Mhm" he said then continue reading.

"Oh dont mind Yuna's father he's just stress at work" my mother said to reassure chaeryeong.

"Oh okay uhm sorry i should be going home now my parents don't want me to go home late" she excused herself and bowed at my parents again.

When chaeryeong unnie left i can't wait for the next day to see her, thinking what we should play for tomorrow.