Chapter 4: Two Cats Meet

Yeji's POV

I woke up quite late to say the least, I'm at the mall right now with Hyunjin getting everything for Chaer Birthday.

"Sis let's split up for awhile so they won't suspect anything" Hyunjin said.

"Yeah I'll be at the Electronics store" He nodded before walking away.

As I walked into SS Electronics, I scan the Place not many people are here except for the employees. There are a few customers but it's not too crowded.

"May I help you, Miss?" An employee asked.

"Ah yes do you happen to know where are the latest phones?" I asked.

"Right this way, Miss" She gestured the counter upfront.

I looked at the display a phone already caught my eyes right away.

"I see you're interested in our new A80 phone, would you like to take a closer look?" She asked.

I smiled, "Yes I'd love to"

She took out the phone from the display then handed it to me. I played around with the screen checking the specs as well. I turned to the clerk and nodded.

"It's perfect, I'd like to buy this" I gave the phone to her.

I stop by at my favorite café, It seems pretty packed today. Luckily I managed to get a seat near the window view. I texted my brother to inform him of my location.

"Uhm hey miss it is okay if I sit here?" A voice said snapping me back to reality.

"Sure? It's okay have a seat" I looked at her and gestured her.

"Thank you" She flashes a shy smile.

She's cute i thought.

"Your welcome" I replied then looked at outside.

"So? Why are you alone?" She asked.

"I could say the same thing to you?" I said.

"Ah well I'm just strolling around then my stomach got hungry figured i could take lunch here" She said.

"So why are you here alone?" She added.

"It's fine i just wanna stroll same as you" I sigh not looking at the person in front of me.

"You know they say, it's okay to tell stories to strangers because there is no judgment" She quoted.

"It's fine, just some family stuff, hey is there any chance you watched hello, love, goodbye?" I asked changing the topic.

"Where you think i got the quote from?" She chuckled.

"I'm Ryujin by the way" She extended her right hand.

"I'm Yeji" I turned to her then let out a smile before I proceeded to shake her hand.

I notice an Emerald ring on her finger. Perhaps she's a part of the Emerald Tigers clan, one of the elites like me.

"Nice ring" I complimented.

"Oh this? They gave it to me when i was 10" She stared at the ring.

"Care to share?" I asked.

"It's nothing" She shortly replied.

"C'mon tell me you're the one who said it's okay to tell stories to strangers because there's no judgment" I gave her a reassuring smile.

She let out a sigh. "My parents died"

"I'm sorry Ryujin I'm sure they're in a better place now" I said then held her hand.