Chapter 6: The Lost Heiress

Lia's POV

I woke up feeling drowsy. I scan the room looks like I'm at the hospital?

"Oh hii I'm just here to check up on you" The Doctor softly said.

"Thanks but where exactly am i?" I asked slowly sitting up.

"You're in Chicago Medical Hospital" She said.

"I'm Mina btw Dr. Myoui Mina" She added and flashes a smile.

"Uhm Doc, how did i ended up here?" I asked.

"Oh well-" She was cut off by someone "Minari~" We turned to the owner of the voice.

She runs towards Doctor Mina kissing her cheeks that made me feel a little awkward, then she turns her head to me.

"Hey kid! You're finally awake!" She said.

"Oh yeah forgot to introduce myself, I'm Son Chaeyoung" She gave me a warm hug.

"Do you have any idea how you got into that state?" She asked and then it hit me.

Flashback~

It was the day that tragic struck our family. At first glance I thought it would be a normal day but I was wrong.

Gun shots were heard at the front gate. We immediately started evacuate, our guards were leading us to the secret tunnel.

The tunnel was build for emergencies events by our successors previous owners of the mafia clan. No one knows who they are, where they are.

As we were running my father go shot by one of the men in black.

"Father!" I shouted.

"It's okay dear, go! Escape this place!"
He said with a tear run down his face.

"Just know, I'll always love you" He said in his last breath.

"I love you too, father" I whispered.

I ran out through the tunnels, as fast as I could. Luckily I manage to get out of there before they come after me.

I immediately just to a random bush to hide. In hopes that I won't get caught, I heard a deep voice followed by some hysterically laughs, as if someone has escape from a mental asylum.

"We couldn't find her, Mr. J" A man in a purple suit facepalm then sighed.

"Of course, you idiots can't do anything right!" He puts the gun towards his minion. "Find her now! I don't care if it takes you all night or a thousand years!"

His minion gave him a salute before going somewhere. The man so called Mr. J started laugh maniacally.

"These elites really like their games, well I'll give you a game that your blood will be the pay" He said then ran off.

I was afraid of what I've watch. He laughs like he's the joker. I walked to the opposite direction of what he headed to, but as I was walking I begin to fatigue.

"Hey kid, you okay?" I could see my vision getting blurry.

"Kid?" I feel my knees giving in.