🖤cuddles {tricky fluff}🖤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{This was requested by Kittencomics}{Just a heads up: this chapter contains mentions of trauma and slightly OOC Tricky

{This was requested by Kittencomics}
{Just a heads up: this chapter contains mentions of trauma and slightly OOC Tricky. Also this starts off a bit angsty but shifts into wholesome.}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As much as you tried to reason with yourself, tell yourself you'll be fine, you were filled to the core with dread. You just recently had started to heal from a serious incident that had caused you trauma and evidently, develop anxiety. Things had started to look a bit brighter to you, and you were even doing small activities to help you slowly get out of your shell. It wasn't huge progress, but recovering would take time and you were willing to take that time in order to learn how to cope with your anxieties.

Recently though, you had been called to a road trip and despite your attempts of protest, you unfortunately couldn't skip it. The whole deal awakened stress in you ever since you heard about it, you weren't quite in the space to leave your comfort zone yet. You would be some day, but not yet. The thought of leaving the place you called home with a bunch of people you vaguely knew was terrifying to say the least.
You hadn't slept well after that. Feeling so powerless frustrated you and made you feel pathetic.
You tried to tell yourself that it wasn't your fault but that small voice in your head was always drowned out by your emotions.

There was one thing that did make you feel comforted, and that was your boyfriend Tricky the clown. You had found him playing a cheerful old sounding song alone with a boombox. You never had to approach him if you got too anxious about it, he was always uplifting. No matter the time or place, he was always there to make you feel a bit happier. He never asked you to try more than you wanted to and he didn't mind you not being as cheerful, he simply felt happy when you were happy and he brought the energy in for the both of you when you couldn't.

As you were shakily waiting for your ride to arrive, you heard a familiar sound of metal scraping asphalt. You turned around to see non other than Tricky behind you, clinging onto his stop sign. "Trickster?" You asked. "Clown comes with you!" The Clown cheerily replied and clung onto your side. You faintly smiled and wrapped your arms around him and picked up his small form.

As your ride arrived, you hopped in still holding Tricky. The tiny clown wrapped his arms around you and noticed that you were getting tense. He placed his head on top of your chest while you squeezed him, feeling comforted by his presence. "Clown believes in you. Will be here always!" You knew this was going to be stressful, but with him around, you could pull through it.
"You will get better, you can do it."
You couldn't help but smile and let a tear fall down your cheek. "Thank you Trickster." You whispered as the two of you stayed locked in the warming embrace.

Cuddles never fail to comfort, at least a little bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~