chapter 21

Chapter 21:

I’ve tried calling Jimin for days already, but he hasn’t been responding to my calls or texts, I’m starting to get really frustrated so I decided to visit his house, why didn’t I do this in the first place anyway?

“Jimin!” I yelled from outside his gate, when suddenly one of his maids came out

“Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin is not here” She said to me, I gave her a questioning look.

“Where is he?” I asked her, she shrugged as a response

“He hasn’t been home in 3 days” She said to me, my jaw dropped, did he go after Lei? Who wouldn’t be this heartless right? He wouldn’t take advantage at Lei’s state right now just to win a stupid bet right?

“Ah, got it. Thank you” I told her and quickly walked downtown, I pulled out my phone and dialed Jimin’s number once again, thank God he answered this time

“Hello?” He answered from the other line.

“You bastard, where the hell are you?” I asked him

“Right behind you” He said, I turned around to see Jimin a few feet away from me, I quickly placed my phone back in my pocket then came up towards him gripping the collar of his shirt.

“Where the hell have you been?” I asked him, he chuckled then removed my hands from his “What are you fucking up to?” I asked him, he just rolled his eyes at me.

“I went on a business trip with my dad” he answered then showed me his plane ticket that said he went to Beijing. “I can’t receive your calls or texts when I’m out of coverage” he pointed out, I suddenly felt stupid, but I don’t care I was still pissed.

“We need to talk” I told him, he obediently followed, what a surprise. We then headed back to my place so we could talk.

As we arrived back in my house we headed to my room, I closed the door behind me while he sat down on my bed. I was pretty annoyed by the way Jimin is acting, he’s being cocky for his own good.

“What’s up?” he asked “Oh yeah, I got you a shirt from Beijing” he said pulling out the shirt from his bag and handing to me, why is he acting like this? I took it then placed it on my table.

“I need you to stop this” I told him, he gave me a questioning look like he doesn’t know what I’m talking about “Stop acting you don’t know”

“I actually don’t” he said with a sarcastic smile

“Lei! Stop using her already! This bet was stupid, you’ve won already! So just stop! You’re the better man” I told him with full of frustration.

“Although you admitting is music to my ears, the win is not as sweet as actually winning it” He said full of enthusiasm “But it’s no fun when you don’t even try anymore, might as well get this bet done so I can dump her” He said.

“You bastard” I said and was about to land a punch on his face when someone spoke up.

“Bet?” I turned around to see Lei by the door, with her luggage in her hands, tears rolled down her face, both Jimin and I were shocked to see her “So I was just a bet to both of you?”

“Lei what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be back here by Wednesday?” Jimin asked

“All this time I was just a bet to both of you?” She asked.

Lei’s POV:

I can’t believe what I’m hearing! I tried my best to hold in the tears but it was pretty much impossible, first my dad dies and now I find out that I was just a bet to Taehyung and Jimin? It’s like the world is messing with me.

“It’s not like that!” Taehyung reasoned.

“What did I ever do to you guys?!” I yelled on the top of my lungs, startling everyone. “I never did anything wrong to any of you, what the hell did I do to the both of you?” I said lowly, i couldn’t bear to look at the two boys in front of me, it was too frustrating.

“Lei, please listen” Taehyung said, but I didn’t want to

“What’s up hyungs!” Jungkook said from behind me with the rest of BTS “Oh Lei you’re here!” he said surprised to see me, these boys definitely don’t know how to read the atmosphere. I dropped my bags and ran out the door, I don’t know where I was going, but all I know is that I don’t want to be here. This feels exactly like what happened the first time with V.

Why? Why did they do this to me? What did I do to make them do this to me? I lived and grew up alone, they were the ones who came to me, so why? I guess this was my fault too, I guess I was just destined to be alone. I shouldn’t have let them in my life, it could have been better that way