chapter 11

Chapter 11:

[V’s POV]

I saw Lei enter my room with a pail and a towel in her hands; she then placed it on a small table beside her and sat beside me on my bed. She dipped the towel on the pail and squeezed it, he grabbed my arm and started wiping it with the warm wet towel.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“Cleaning you, this will help lower your temperature” she said then gestured me to extend my other arm towards her “I’d figure I’d do this first since your soup is still too hot” she said.

“You cooked me soup?” I asked her, she nodded. “But I didn’t ask you to do so”

“You don’t need to tell me to take care of you” I told her “besides I hate to see you like this” she added, I don’t know but for some reason, at that moment, my heart started to race.

“Thanks” I told her shyly, she smiled at me. Her phone then started to ring, she placed the towel on the pail and grabbed her phone from her pocket and answered it.

“Hello?” she said “I’m sorry Jimin, I forgot, I can’t come, Taehyung is sick and I have to take care of him” she said to Jimin at the other line “I’m so sorry, tomorrow? Deal” she said then hung up.

“Were you and Jimin supposed to go out?” I asked her, I can’t deny the sadness in my voice but it seems she didn’t notice.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s just one day, helping you feel better is more important” she said as she grabbed the bowl of soup and was trying to spoon-feed me. I hesitated on whether I would let myself be spoon-fed or not but at the end I did. After eating she placed all everything on a tray and was about to head out my room.

“Why are you being nice to me?” I asked her “I know it’s your job but you’re never this nice to me ever since--” I said but she cut me off.

“I don’t know” was all she answered before she headed out my room.

I hate to admit it but the feelings I had for her that I buried a long time ago is finding its way back out on the surface. I can’t let Jimin have her, especially if he’s only going to use her to win this stupid dare. I don’t even remember why the hell we had this stupid dare in the first place.

The rest of the night we spend it with each other mostly playing card games and I always ended up winning; she was never good at blackjack.

“It’s already 11pm, we have school in the morning, it’s time for bed” She said getting up from her seat, I grabbed her arm and she gave me a questioning look.

“Can you stay here tonight?” I asked her, she hesitated at first but eventually agreed.

She sat back down on her seat beside my bed and rested her head on my bed, I watch her sleep in the position she was in and honestly it was painful to watch, I moved to the side and made room for her, She looked at me confused as I gestured her to lay down beside me.

“I can’t let you sleep like that” I told her

To my surprise she got up from her seat and hopped onto bed beside me, a few moments later she quickly fell asleep. I on the other hand couldn’t sleep; I just stared at her as she slept quietly beside me. I brushed her hair away from her face and planted a kiss on her forehead. Now I remembered the reason why I loved her, and the reason why I hurt her.