chapter 23

Chapter 23:

Jimin’s POV:

I stood in front of Lei, opening up to her, telling her what the bet really means to me, I just hope she’d be sane enough to listen until the end, judging by what she’s going through right now, I don’t know if she’d be able to comprehend everything since she’s completely broken.

“At first the bet was real and I’d admit it was stupid, V really did date you at first because of the bet but in the end he actually did love you Lei, I swear” I told her, there were no emotions at all, she just stood there numb.

“Do you expect me to believe that load of crap?” She asked me “Do you think I’m that stupid?!” she then yelled making me flinch at her scream.

“He cheated on you because he thought it was the best way to break up with you without exposing the bet, Lei, V broke up with you because he didn’t want to continue dating you just because of a bet!” I told her.

“And cheating on me is the best way to break up with me? Embarrassing me to everyone at school?!” She yelled, she was completely infuriated, she clenched her fists in anger and by the looks of it she was a hair strand away from punching me in the face.

“I know it was wrong and he knew it too! I have no excuse for what he did but we’re both sincerely sorry for it, not just the two of us but everyone from BTS” I told her “Lei please believe, V truly loves you he just has a stupid way of showing it”

“2 minutes over” she stated then turned her heel and headed inside the house, I stopped her, I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arms around her. I wrapped my arms around her tightly as she squirmed for freedom but she failed.

“I’m not done” I told her, she the stopped squirming and just stood there to listen. “I truly am sorry Lei for hurting you, I dated you for V’s sake, I knew how much V loved you but he was too ashamed to come back and fixed things, so telling him the bet was still on was the best choice I had to get him motivated again”

“I don’t understand” she muttered. I could feel she started crying in my shirt but I didn’t mind, I want to get this huge burden in my chest out. If she cries a river I would be there for her until she has cried out every drop.

“I pretended to date you to get Kim Taehyung jealous” I said, to put it shortly “But sadly, in the end I fell inlove with you too” I told her, she then froze. “I understand why V was so hooked into you, you were unique, you’re just simply amazing unlike any other girl I date or even met, but V was first and you deserve each other, I had no right to be with you, no matter how much I love you now, I don’t deserve you”

Lei’s POV

I honestly can’t believe what I am hearing, is Jimin telling lies just to get him and V off the hook? But why would he? If it wasn’t all true, he wouldn’t have done all of this right? He would have just left me hanging, dammit! I don’t know! I buried my face deeper in his chest as I cried my heart out.

“I wanted V to steal you away from me, but you found out before he could” He told me as he stroke my head, trying to calm me down “I am deeply sorry for playing with your emotions, it was wrong, but I just wanted V to be happy, everyone from BTS knows that his happiness is with you, he just wouldn’t admit it”

Now that I think about it, Jimin is a good guy, maybe not to me for playing with my emotions, but he was great friend to V, he just wanted V to be happy. I couldn’t hate a guy like him even after all he did, I just couldn’t hate him. We stayed silent for a few seconds then I wrapped my arms around his waist, he tensed up for a split second but then tightened his grip around me.

“I’m leaving for Seoul in 3 days” I told him, I felt him tense up at the very moment I uttered those words