chapter 26

Chapter 26:

Taehyung’s POV:

Why am I even going there? It’s like I want myself to get hurt? I headed to the park where Lei and I always go to, it just seems like I have to visit the park today, I haven’t been here in forever! I remember when Lei wouldn’t hold hands with me because she was too shy so I’d wrap one arm around her shoulders, she wouldn’t stop blushing the whole time, it was so cute.

As I reached the huge tree Lei and I used to stay under, I saw a familiar figure standing there, I heard sobs coming from her as well, I got closer and saw Lei crying her eyes out.

“Lei?” I asked, she froze and quickly wiped her tears but didn’t dare face me, I slowly approached her “are you crying?” I asked her, she shook her head in response.

“No!” she defended while sobbing “I was sweating” she reasoned, what kind of excuse was that?

“Through your eyeballs?” I asked her.

“What do you want?” she said bitterly wiping her tears again. I stood behind her and looked up to the sky. I don’t know what to say to her, but I just want to stand there with her, even with red puffy eyes and a haggard look on her she still looked beautiful.

“Nothing” I told her, she just stared at me in confusion “I just thought I’d passed by here, and then I saw you”

“I’m leaving then” she muttered then turned her heel and started walking back, I swiftly grabbed her hand and spun her around making her stop on her tracks, my left hand was holding her arm while the other rested on her back. We were literally about less than a foot apart.

“How long are you going to avoid me?” I asked her, her face was bright red from the embarrassment. She looked down, away from my gaze.

“As long as possible” she muttered, I sighed deeply then pulled her into a kiss. I planted my lips on her but sadly she did not kiss back, I guess she was surprised of my actions but I don’t care I just want to do it.

Her lips were soft, just like when we were together back then. The spark was also still there and I’m pretty sure she felt it too, it’s exactly how it felt when we were together back then or maybe even more, I just know that she’s all I ever want and the only one I’ll ever love.

After a few seconds she gently pushed me away from her, I was not taken aback by it because I was actually anticipating it but I was disappointed she did, I wanted it to last forever. She had a look that I could not distinguish; it was a mixture of sadness and disappointment.

“Taehyung, I can’t do this” she said lowly, I did not respond I just pulled her into my arms, her body fit mine perfectly but yet again she did not hug back as much as I wanted her to I knew she never will, but a part of me wished she would and is hoping she would.

And surprisingly she did, well for a split second that is. She wrapped her arms around my waist but then pushed me away yet again, it felt like she really wanted to hug back but decided to push me away because she was still upset with me.

“Lei, I’m sorry for everything” I told her “Lei I love you--” I said but before I could finish saying it she cut me off. She was shaking her head denying what I said to her, but why?

“Taehyung stop! Just stop!” she said as tears started pouring down yet again “Please don’t say it” she begged as her head fell to the floor and cried her eyes out yet again.

Lei’s POV:

He shouldn’t say it! I don’t want to hear it! If I did it might get harder for me to leave than it already is. I can’t do this with him like this! I’m already having a hard time leaving and with what he did and what he said just made it more difficult, more like impossible!

“Just don’t say it” I muttered under my breath, he had a confused and hurt look on his face.

“Why?” he asked sadly, I bit my bottom lip, trying to find the right words to say to him, I don’t want to tell him I’m leaving.

“Because if you did it would just get harder!” I yelled at him, he was taken aback by my sudden outburst but his expression turned calm yet again.

“Harder for what?” he asked

“It would just get harder to forget you!” I told him, he was devastated with my words I could tell but he didn’t let it show, but I know he was hurt.

“Then don’t forget me! I don’t want you to! I won’t let you! Lei I love you! I want to be with you okay? So please!” he yelled at me, he was fighting back the urge to cry but tears were building up in his eyes. I have never seen Taehyung like this. “I’m sorry; I will never hurt you ever again”

“I can’t” I whispered while sobbing, he could barely hear it but he did. He let out a deep sigh of frustration “I have to forget you” I told him.

I quickly turned my heel and walked away fast, he was unable to stop me at my speed. He just stood there dumbfounded. The next thing I knew is that he screamed, letting out his frustrations then punched the big tree making a loud thudding sound.

I’m sorry Taehyung, but I have to go where it’s best for me and what my brain tells me to do. But why does my heart tell otherwise? Aish! Not this again! I’ve made up my mind already and nothing’s going to stop me even if it hurts too much, it will be worth it!

But what if I never got accepted to SM? Will I take Taehyung back anyway? I don’t know, I shouldn’t think about it. It doesn’t matter, but the burden in my chest is too much to handle.

I just felt bad for Jimin, all his efforts to get me and Taehyung back together, wasted. He was just trying to be a good friend but it totally backfired on him. I’m sorry too Jimin, I really am but I can’t turn this opportunity down.