20. Watch the world burn.

!W! Use of strong language and graphic depictions of violence and blood.

**********************************

"Inquisitor Lightwood Bane!" Jia said in a firm, angry tone, and Alec lowered his eyes, "you're an... angel? What's happening here? How? Why?"

"I can explain Consul Penhallow-"

"Enough with your stupid chit-chat!" Kasper shouted and tilted his head as he created another giant ball above his palm and shot it but before it could hurt anyone, Alec shoved his palm forward, silver magic blasting with the black, creating a powerful collision and everyone fell on the ground.

"You fucking Silver Angel! Today's going to be your end. I'll kill everyone in front of your eyes and make you say those words! So start counting the seconds." Kasper stood up as angry red fire laced into his wings grew higher. "My loyal servants, end them all!"

"In your dreams, Kasper!" Magic rushed through his veins as Alec created a large silver ball and shot it at Kasper. His wings flapped, building momentum as he took the stance and flew out of the hall, landing right where the man fell.

.•.•.•.

The army of Endarkened surrounded the group, Clary and Max leading them. No shadowhunters were left that were on their side. The silent brothers left earlier and the demon towers lay broken on the ground, red sky raining blood. Demons flew over their heads from the broken roof of the hall, ready to lunge but a blast of magic burst them into flames and stood there on the other end were the Nightstorms.

"Look who's here." Clary's lips curled into a vicious smile, "are you so eager to die?"

"Not in the least." Rosette said as she snapped her fingers, and the shadowhunters were decorated in their proper gear, laced with her powerful magic dancing on its tips. "Dan, go help Alec, we'll handle here."

"You all need to give me a proper explanation after this gets over!"

"Apologies, Consul Penhallow," Izzy said as she untangled her whip and aimed at the Endarkened charging at them. "It wasn't this bad two days ago, we were going to tell you sooner but..." She trailed off as Jace slashed another Endarkened's chest.

"You are supposed to report me every single thing, Mrs. Lightwood Lovelace!" Jia said as she drew her sword through a demon's heart, shattering it into flames.

Izzy looked at Jace, who flared his nostrils, not losing his stance in the least. "As if..." She mumbled under her breath while wrapping her whip around an Endarkened's throat and threw her over others but they kept resurrecting.

"What the fuck's going on?" Jace stabbed a demon with one sword and an Endarkened from the other. "Why aren't they dying?"

"Kasper must have done something after we killed some of them." Simon drew in the arrow and shot at the lunging group of shax demons.

"This is bad..." Izzy tightened the grip on her whip, heartbeats drumming in her ears violently as a bead of sweat fell on her cheek.

.•.•.•.

Grunting, Kasper stood up, barely a fragment of black feather visible through enraged leaping fire. "You think you are strong? Nobody is stronger than Kasper and nobody should!"

"That's your ego talking, Kasper Windermere Morgenstern!" Alec's eyes bore into Kasper's soulless red as he produced a swirl of magic and threw it at him but it barely reached the man and disintegrated completely and a hollow, vicious peal of laughter echoed like a clap of thunder.

"You stupid Angel, tut tut! Do you think you once got me so it'll happen again and again? In your dreams!" Kasper tilted his head as two broadswords appeared in his hands, black fire dancing on its tips and Alec's blood ran dry.