29. Looking to a bright future.

*One week later*

*Stormshire Mansion*

"Something is wrong! I'm telling you something is very wrong!" Magnus chewed on his nails while pacing in the foyer of their mansion, holding his giant belly and giving it slow rubs. "Why is it so big already!?" He exclaimed, causing everyone to sigh in unison.

"Love, calm down. Let Catarina come first. I'm sure you're panicking for nothing." Alec said sleepily, but as soon as his eyes met Magnus's, he sulked back on the couch, wishing for it to swallow him.

"Nothing!? Are you seeing how giant my belly has gotten in the last few days, Alexander Lightwood Bane!? It shouldn't be happening! I've read the pregnancy books, okay! It's too soon to grow this giant! What if... What if our munchkin..." A tear fell on Magnus's chubby cheek and Alec cursed the pregnancy hormones for the billionth time that morning.

For a few days, Magnus's belly had been growing faster than normal and Magnus had been paranoid over it even after the reassurance from multiple people that pregnancy is different in every being. But being the stubborn ass his husband was, he kept freaking out and here they were, at four in the morning, all wide awake, because his husband had another emotional episode.

The last few days have been busy as heck for everyone. They not only gave a proper funeral to Kasper but their parents didn't waste any time getting married. Since neither of them wanted a grand celebration, they had a small mundane ceremony at a church in New York, much to Izzy's disappointment. But Clary and Jace, on the other hand, wanted it to be royal like Izzy and Simon's so they all were busy deciding the themes and decorations.

Alec, though, had gotten the least of the sleep from everyone because one, he found out that his husband was a whiny baby when it came to his pregnancy hormones and two, now that he's a Consul, a lot had to be taken care of in Idris. From rebuilding the entire city, to the mansions, to their own home and forging new laws, looking over the entire world, everything.

"Dude, if you start crying I swear I'll throw your stupid concoction out of this window!" Jace deadpanned, cuddling Clary in the loveseat, who lay sleepily on his lap in her neon nightgown. "I may not know about pregnancies but I know how big of a drama queen you are."

"I'm not a drama queen!" Magnus shot back.

"Whatever." Jace made a complaining noise in his throat. "Look, we have a big day coming ahead, not only is your husband officially going to be the Consul, but we'll also get the final votes of Inquisitor and the other stuff people had proposed. Laws need to be set in the accords and... you get the picture. The last thing we want is a baseless drama!"

"And you think this isn't important!?" Magnus growled. "I have a belly the size of a football! Already! It shouldn't be this big! Where is Catarina!? Where the fuc-"

"LANGUAGE!" Alec whisper yelled, glaring at the man he not so much loved right now, while cradling Aulia in his arms who slept like a rock on his chest. "There's a child here, Magnus Lightwood Bane!"

"I second that plus stop being annoying, my dear brother-in-law. I need at least four more hours of sleep to function properly. And you are not helping." Izzy slammed her whip not so gently over the furry table in front, making the warlock gulp.

"WHERE IS CATARINAA-"

"Why is my name being taken in such a pleasing way?" Cat's mocked-filled voice reached them before her frame stepped out of the swirling vortex, glaring at Magnus in the deadliest way they had ever witnessed. From her drooping eyelids and uncaring way of arriving in her nightgown, they could tell that she had been as pissed as they were.