Epilogue

*One month later*

*Lightwood Mansion*

*Evening time - Clary's room*

They say that stars withhold the souls of good doers. The brightest the star, the more chance of it being the soul of your loved ones at peace. But was it actually true? Because in the midnight blue sky, every star shimmered it's brightest, casting an outworldly aura over the city of Alicante. As far as Clary's eyes reached, no star stood out from the lot and the unshed tear made its way down.

If you're looking for me, you won't find it in the stars, honey. Those are stories, crafted by mundanes, we aren't mundanes.

A very familiar voice vibrated through the wall and as she spun, heartbeats drumming as she glanced all-around in the empty room. "What... no.. not possible..." Tucking the strand of hair behind her ear, she walked inside, trying to calm her racing heart.

I'm right here, sweetheart.

"Mom..." A startled gasp left her mouth as she frantically looked around, only to meet the emptiness yet again. "Why am I hearing her?"

"Stop overthinking, redhead! You're not me, it's my job to overthink. Clean your mind and you'll see her. She's right there, on the bed." Came a familiar voice of Alec's from outside her room.

"Alec? You.. you can... of course, you can..." Taking a few deep breaths, Clary tried to settle a thousand thoughts running in her mind. Within a few hours, she would no longer be the lone, hopeless girl she once used to be but rather the wife of the most amazing person she had ever met. A stronger, better version of herself. Her excitement, though, was mixed with fear and nervousness.

Slowly opening her eyes when she thought was ready, the first thing she noticed was a faint fog in her room but as her eyes fell on the bed, a gasp left from her throat. "Mom... h..how?"

The woman had a bright smile as she stood up from her seated area and wrapped her in a tight hug, that somehow made her believe that the past never happened, that she wasn't gone and heavy tears fell on Jocelyn's shoulder. "Mom..."

You look gorgeous, honey. Don't ruin your makeup from crying.

Gentle thumbs stroked her cheek, wiping off the tears causing more to fall. "You're here... how? Last time... when you came..."

It's nothing bad this time, Clary. Can't you see?

As her words registered, Clary looked at her mother from head to toe and yes, she wasn't in some casual clothes for a quick visit. Instead, she wore a royal one-shoulder golden gown, with hair tucked in a half bun, paired with simple yet large loops, reminding her of an actual angel. She did look like an angel. "B..but..."

Angel Alexander took permission for me to stay on earth for a few hours. When he told me the reason, I couldn't believe my ears. My little birdy grew so big. I'm so proud of you, honey.

Cupping her face, she kissed her head and Clary couldn't help but sob into her mother's arms.

Don't cry, sweetheart. This is your day, you should be happy.

"I am happy, mom.. but I wish you could be here. Really here."

We can't change the past, Clary, but what we can do is write the future. And you are doing it. I'm so happy to see you falling into motherhood, into a family of your own. You've grown so much.